Amboy Hometel

www.amboyhometel.com - +639209103492; +639178717633

Amboy Hometel Batanes Reviews

holdmyhandsforever holdmyha…
Affordable Home Stay in Batanes Nov 27, 2015
We arrived in Basco Airport very timely for breakfast. One hotel staff picked us up then immediately head to Amboy Hometel, our home for the next few days.

Amboy Hometel is one of the nearest hotels from the airport. Christine, one of my friends, booked for 6 persons through Agoda.com. Luckily, we were able to get the cheapest deal few months before our flight.

The moment the hotel staff opened the room, I immediately turned on the lights then grabbed my tablet to take photos of the bed, the rest room including the views from the window just for this review.

The room looks simple. Nothing fancy. Our room was located at the second floor. Basic amenities include TV and cable (limited channels); bathroom with hot and cold shower; soap, shampoo, toothbrush including slippers are available. The bed and pillows are very comfortable.

Batanes has moody, unpredictable weather. I always turn off the air con because I felt really cold due to heavy rains at night. Coffee is the perfect partner every morning.

Food served were delicious. Amboy Hometel is very proud of their blue rice and yellow rice (also known as turmeric rice) served at their restaurant. According to one of the staff, they added petals (from an ornamental plant which is only available in Batanes) on the white rice, making it blue rice when its cooked. The plant is known as an anti-oxidant. Bagnet and longganisa (sausage) is a must-try in Batanes.

The restaurant has several food choices. If you want something that isn't on the menu, talk to one of the restaurant staff. They can make it available the next day. We usually order our meals during dinner.

Cellular coverage is really bad in Batanes. However, you can use the hotel's wifi which is available near the Admin office and at the restaurant. Not bad for an Instagram photo of the day.

You can rent a bike for Php 50 per hour then roam around the area. Biking is one of the best things to do in Batanes. If you plan to swim, make sure you wear your slippers or water shoes. Most of the beaches there are rocky.

I'm recommending you to get a tour package with Amboy Hometel and request Warren as your tour guide. You'll definitely learn a lot about Batanes. According to local tourists, Warren is the best tour guide in town! Lucky us!

Aside from having delicious food, Amboy Hometel has friendly and very accommodating staff. And, most of them can speak English.

Overall, two thumbs up for Amboy Hometel!
holdmyhandsforever says:
Thank you, Ate May! Mwah! :)
You're welcome, Janette! :)
Thanks Jeremy! :)
Posted on: May 31, 2016
cotton_foam says:
my late congrats to your featured review, Noel! Sabi ko na nga ba eh!! :))
Posted on: May 30, 2016
Saree_Jan says:
Thanks for the recommendation on where to stay in Batanes. :p
Posted on: May 30, 2016