Ambiance

514.939.2609

Ambiance Montreal Reviews

harleyd harleyd
Mmm...Tasty! Aug 22, 2008
This restaurant is quite a find tucked away in the antique area of Montreal. If you're walking around the city it is a little bit of a walk from the downtown area but well worth it! Upon walking into the place I immediately felt like i was walking into my grandparent's kitchen in the farmlands. The walls are covered in antique knick knacks, mostly kitchen items but other things mixed in there as well. I also loved the old windows they had hanging in various places throughout the restaurant. The chairs, tables, silverware, and cups are all mismatched and adds to the cozy feel of the place. The service was also excellent. If you don't speak french, no worries because the staff will speak english with you. It seems the restaurant is quite a hit with locals since I didn't see any other tourists in there.

I had the flank steak in a sauce that I can't recall with mashed potatoes, but it was amazing. It was delicious and the steak was cooked just right. They had a couple of daily specials that also sound very good; I think one of them was duck in a chocolate sauce if I recall right. They also serve a small scoop (small but just the right size) of their homemade sorbet for desert at no charge. They'll even drizzle a little grappa over it if you'd like. The place was a little expensive from my point of view. The entrees ranged from about $15 - $30CAD. They also have a couple different wines and beers to accompany a meal. The meals may look small but they are actually very rich and filling so the money spent is well worth it if you've spent a few days eating fast food.

Related Travel Blogs About Ambiance

other travbuddy meet up on my town!!!!!!!!
hi everyone yesterday mini marie and i organised a another meet up in my own town montreal!!!!!!!!!!!! we choose the 23 of fabruary cause many people can be there so this meet up we had the opportun…montreal!!!!!!!! We choose the st elisabeth cause it a funny place were u can find some very good beers the ambiance

Check Montreal Hotel Deals