Ambassador Tre Rose

Ambassador Tre Rose Rates and Deals

Ambassador Tre Rose Venice Reviews

Mariya-Valeriya Mariya-V…
Nice little hotel in the city center Jul 05, 2011
A very nice and comfortable hotel situated quite near to St. Marco Square in Venice. Good location is making possible to reach all the main city attractions. Not very large but comfortable and clean rooms. Polite and caring personnel. In some minutes of walking you can find different coffees and restaurants where you can try European and national food.
Amanda Amanda
Dec 27, 2006
Rating a hotel is a tricky thing, because it's all about what you're looking for; what do you care about? What services do you require? What are your priorities?

When choosing a hotel in Venice, my friend and I asked these questions to each other; we knew it was especially important here, because hotel rooms are NOT cheap; and we were headed during a holiday, arriving the day after Christmas and leaving on December 29th. It was the first stop of the first trip to Italy for both of us; so we wanted to be clear on what mattered and what didn't.

We decided the first thing that mattered was location; while most of the time, I actually prefer to stay a bit outside of the cities I visit, Venice seemed different. Getting in and out is a bit more of an issue, and we just wanted to focus on the island proper while we were there. Second in line came cost; we had limited funds, although we knew we'd have to pay a certain amount to get a place right in the center of Venice.

Enter Priceline, of which I am an enormous fan. Yes, you need to really understand the rules; but once you do, this can be a huge help sometimes. After exhausting all the other websites first to be sure of what was the lowest price we could find (again, rates were higher for that week) we then went to Priceline, low-balled that amount, and said we only wanted a hotel in the center of Venice.

The result? Ambassador Tre Rose Hotel, in San Marco Square, for $125.00 US a night. Not cheap, but better than we'd found elsewhere; and the location couldn't get more central than that.

It's rated as a three star hotel, and by European standards (lower for hotels than American or Asian) I'd say that's about right. Call it a 2 for USA.

Was our room a little small? Yes, a little, but not bad... and the bathroom was fine. Moreover, we had our own private balcony!!! Bliss! Yes, it looked out over an alley, but it was a fantastic alley, and I loved it.

Really we only used it for sleeping, and it was quiet, clean, and comfortable.

The only hitch was at the end when we went to check out; we had a 6:00am train to catch to Rome, and needed to depart on time that morning, and the people behind the desk didn't understand Priceline, and wanted us to pay - A SECOND TIME. I showed them our receipt, I remained calm and polite... but to no avail. I finally had to call the US - on my cell phone - for 40 minutes while the Priceline Customer Service Folks (Bless them) forced the hotel to understand. We very nearly missed our train, and the whole time they kept insisting they didn't understand what the issue was with us paying a second time, and when it got sorted out, they were sure that it would "probably" get credited back to my card. Nope! Not doing it...

So watch out for that; otherwise, perfect location, nice room, good price - far better than what you get quoted on the website, so don't go direct.

Finally, make sure that when it's time to eat, you walk a bit; this is the tourist area - there are good places to be had, but it's YOU that will be had if you eat too close to San Marco Square! Take a stroll and get some food elsewhere... prices go down and quality goes up.
This is the sign to look out for w…
The lobby **Disclaimer - I did …
The view from directly outside the…

Ambassador Tre Rose Overview

Sitting just behind St. Mark’s Square, guests of the Ambassador Tre Rose will be within close proximity of many of the area’s main attractions as well as the most elegant and exclusive shops. A casino, beauty center, theater, cultural centers, and libraries are also located close to the hotel. Tourists may also wish to take a private boat to Murano Island. The railway station, car terminal, and airport are all close to the Ambassador Tre Rose. A transportation service is available upon request.

The 35 rooms of the Ambassador Tre Rose are furnished in a Venetian style and outfitted with an array of modern amenities. Each of these rooms has satellite television, a mini-bar, a hairdryer, and air conditioning.

Guests can dine at any of the three on-site restaurants, enjoy snacks in the hotel’s cozy café, or relax with a drink in one of the hotel’s two bars. The Ambassador Tre Rose also has a wide terrace from which guests can view St. Mark’s Bell Tower. Meeting rooms are available on-site and Internet access is available throughout the hotel’s public areas.

Ambassador Tre Rose Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Solarium
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower