Ambassador Palace

Check Udine Hotel Deals

Ambassador Palace Udine Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Pleasant stay in a pleasant town Aug 25, 2010
I drove into Udine without having booked a hotel. I had checked while I was in Zagreb if there were free hotel rooms in the city and the forecast was really good.

I started by driving around looking for some hotels and luckily they had pretty good signs in the city centre with arrows to the different hotels that you easily can follow. I had experienced this earlier in the region when I visited Treviso and Vicenza which both are not that far away from where I was now.

I decided to go for the top end and followed the sign for Ambassador Palace in the city centre close to a nice park. It must have rained not long before I entered the city because the streets were all wet and the air was really fresh. I parked just in front of the hotel in a yellow zone and two guys followed my every move while left the car.

I walked in and hoped that they were not full and I was lucky, I got a room with a king size bed on the fifth floor; as an extra bonus they even had a garage for the car under the hotel. I found the garage entry on the other side of the hotel in another street just as the guy in the reception had said. When I enter the garage a bellboy guided me to a parking space and the wanted to take my bag. I let him even though it was no problem; it had wheels on and he looked happy that he had something to do.

He followed me to the room and explained about the chip card to the door that I had gotten. I checked out the room which turned out to be pretty nice with yellow walls and classic furniture. The bed was the main piece in the room and there was a comfortable green chair in the corner. The bath room had a good size and was quite okay. The room had also a flat screen, mini bar and from there I enjoyed a Heineken beer.

After my visit to the restaurant I went home and watched some news before I went to bed. Next morning I woke up after a really good night sleep. I took a quick shower and really enjoyed the power of the water in the shower; sometimes they hardly let any water out with their water saving devises.

I went down for the breakfast which was served on the first floor but you had to go all the way down and take the stairs up to the first before you could enter the restaurant. The main attraction of the restaurant was a huge balcony overlooking the park in front of the hotel.

The breakfast was okay but the best thing was the view and the place. I had a croissant, and egg and some yogurt and was now ready to face the city of Udine. I went up to my room and packed; checked out and picked up my car all quite fast.
My room
The bed
The desk
The room
Chokk says:
The balcony was the gem of this place
Posted on: Sep 03, 2010
Glynnes says:
The balcony sounds nice, and thanks for the photos also.
Posted on: Sep 03, 2010

Ambassador Palace Overview

The Ambassador Palace Hotel is located in the north Italian town of Udine, in a peaceful district, not far from the city centre. The railway station and the shuttle service are reachable within a 5 minute walk. A total of 80 rooms of various categories have been designed according to the wishes of our guests. All rooms provide a comfortable bathroom, hair-dryer, air-conditioning, mini bar, safe, pay-TV, telephone, internet access and a lot of other amenities. On request, non-smoking rooms and rooms for disabled people are available. The gastronomic facilities encompass a specialty restaurant with regional and international dishes and an American Bar serving a wide range of soft drinks, selected wines and high-quality liquors. The town of Udine boasts an array of museums and exhibitions. Here you can find the Gallery of Modern Art, the Palazzo Valvason Morpurgo and church museums such as the Manin chapel. Business hours of reception:
Every day: from 00:00 to 00:00

• Bicycle Rental
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower