Ambassador Hotel Bangkok

Ambassador Hotel Bangkok Reviews

saltish143 saltish1…
Trap by the name Feb 10, 2013
Hello TB friends....

Just Dont Stay at this hotel.

The name "Ambassador" perhaps set expectations too high. This is an old hotel, with a sense of "oldness" wherever you go. The most disappointing element was our A/C, essential in Bangkok, rattled throughout the night. The bathroom had faint sewer smells coming up the floor drain, so we covered the drain with a towel. Internet was not free with the room, but 15 Baht per minute. And the street noise from the bars across the street in the evening is unavoidable. Given the vast number of hotels in the vicinity, you are better off choosing another one.
wilson0211 wilson02…
Luxury Hotel close to all ameneties Jan 08, 2012
I booked online to stay here for 3 nights in December 2011. I went to check in no more than a few hours after booking and was informed that my room was not ready but was offered an upgrade which I accepted, after all, I was there to spoil myself!

My room was on the 20th floor and was generously appointed with a huge bed, the usual mini bar, tv and A/C, desk lamp and a sofa, the bathroom had a walk in shower and plenty of towells. In the wardrobe, as well as a secure safe were also a couple of dressing gowns. There was a good view oer the swimming pool and surrounding streets leading up toward Sukhumvit.

I took advantage of room service only once during my stay and found it to be quick, good quality and politely delivered.

My only problem with the service was when I had booked in for an extra night for the night after NYE, I wanted to have an extra day to recover!

When I returned to my room on my last day after a long night out I found that I had been locked out of my room, when I asked at reception I was passed over to a senior receptionist who demanded to know who I had booked the extra night with, what she looked like, what she was wearing etc. I told him that I had been told that as I had originally booked online that I would have to pay a rate off 2,000 baht for the extra night and that it would be added on to my final bill. He did not believe me and told me that I would have to either pay an extra 500 baht or wait for the woman to come on duty at 1pm. this was at 6.15am. He implied that maybe I had been drunk when I thought I had booked and gave the general impression that he thought I was lying. This went on for about 45 minutes before I reluctantly agreed to pay the extra charge, which according to him was the proper rate. I did not want to pay on principal but felt that as they had all my belongings locked in my room that it was easier to agree.

Upon checking out later that day they also "forgot" to pay back my 1,000 baht deposit until I pointed out the receipt attached to my bill.

This was a disappointing end to my stay here and has probably stopped me returning there which is a shame as all in all, the rest of my stay was faultless.
maineart maineart
A great place to stay and eat. Oct 03, 2011
We have stayed in many hotels in Bangkok but the Ambassador hotel was by far the best for the money. Great breakfast to say the least. We love it there. They take care of you well. They go out of their way to please. Try it you will see. For a $10 dollar bill they will upgrade you into the tower. We could not afford it otherwise. We felt like kings and queens. Great location, just a few minutes from the Bangkok rail system. I could go on forever with this but my fingers are getting tired. Take it from seasoned travelers. maineart2001@yahoo.com
maineart maineart
Best breakfast in Bangkok Jul 23, 2011
The ambassador has got to be the best place to stay in Bangkok, avg $65-90 a night. But it's the breakfast that I found to be the best in Bangkok. Clean, cool and great people that will take care of you.
yheleen yheleen
Ambassador Hotel, Bangkok Sep 24, 2008
For a week, we stayed in Ambassador's Hotel in Sukhumvit which is very near Nana BTS station and the subway station.. the food's delicious and had variety of choices (accomodation has free breakfast) plus lunch buffet is also affordable....

I love the fact that the hotel is very accessible and is located in the heart of Bangkok - the commercial and entertainment district.

I can always stroll around or ride the skyway train to Siam Paragon or the MBK or the Lumpini.

There are also many other restaurants in the area (indian, chinese, korean, etc.).. beside the hotel's a 24-hour grocery store so if you need anything anytime, you'll have your answer.

Costs? very affordable - 2T baht and up..And of course, the hotel also offers wonderful SPA service :)

Enjoy your stay :)
spacious parking space
our room for a week
welcome to Ambassador Hotel :)
to dining area
yheleen says:
oh, that's too bad...i wasn't able to experience that thing tho.. thanks for sharing, i'll keep that in mind as well ;)
Posted on: Sep 30, 2008
leen007 says:
I spent a night at the Ambassador but it wasn't a good one.

First there was a call to the roomphone in the middle of the night, then there was the knocking on te door, after that someone tried to get into the room. So that pretty kept me up most of the night.

And since this was the first night of my traveling trough Thailand, it wasn't a good beginning. Thats why i didn't rate this hotel very good.
Posted on: Sep 30, 2008

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes