Ambassadeur Concorde Hotel Juan-les-Pins

Check Juan-les-Pins Hotel Deals

Ambassadeur Concorde Hotel Juan-les-Pins Reviews

fawkes66 fawkes66
Overestimated four stars Jul 26, 2003
I stayed in Hotel Ambassadeur several times over the years and somehow I never felt at home. Staff is friendly and the rooms are big and comfortable, so what is it about this hotel?

For one thing, it is not cheap, so you expect a certain quality. But the carpets are worn, lift´s been out of order, there never are enough foreign newspapers and we always seem to end up on the backside of the hotel. Waking up in the middle of the night because of deliveries in the garage beneath your room does have a tendency to make me cranky. There is a wonderful piano bar, with a pianist playing but there never were any customers. Is it just us? We tried several times to order a drink, but sometimes even the bartender wasn´t around.

Why did we go back here? Well...the pool is the one reason we choose this hotel. It is nice to take a swim after a day at the beach and just lounge before you get ready for diner. They provide with towels and chairs. The kids just loved it!

Breakfast is good. Everything is available, from jam, eggs, scrambled eggs, cheese and an assortment of fruits and cereals. Will I stay here again? I don´t think so. If I stay in a four star hotel, I expect more than a threestar service. Juan-les-Pins is wonderful, but Ambassadeur just doesn´t make me feel I´m welcome.

Check Juan-les-Pins Hotel Deals