Amapa Sunset Rstaurant

Amapas 114, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Amapa Sunset Rstaurant Puerto Vallarta Reviews

archeodoc archeodoc
Simply the best restaurant in Puerto Vallarta... Apr 22, 2011
Amapa Sunset is, in my view, simply the best restaurant in Puerto Vallarta, and I have eaten at quite a few. First, the location on Los Muertos Beach is spectacular, and as the tables are placed directly on the beach, one is serenaded by sea and surf. Next, the food - fresh fish mostly - is extremely well prepared and presented, as are the accompaniments. We have been to Amapa 5-6 times, most recently on my birthday on 10 April 2011. I had the taco soup and the striped bass and my partner lime soup and salmon-en-croute. All dishes arrived in a timely manner and were uniformly excellent. We were about to order dessert when the staff, apparently overhearing my partner's toast, arrived with a freshly prepared birthday tort, ice cream and coffee - all gratis from management and staff. And the service, not at all fussy and overbearing, is gracious and attentive. The bill for our wonderful dinner, with wine, was $74 USD. (By way of comparison, a similar meal at La Palapas Restaurant next door costs us $110 USD) Amapa Sunset deserves much more attention and I, however reluctantly, hope that it gets it.

Check Puerto Vallarta Hotel Deals