Amalfi's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria

(843) 793-4265

Amalfi's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria Charleston Reviews

Gydoo Gydoo
Cheap, but good quality Jan 02, 2010
Me and my family went to this restaurant, as it was located in the same building as our hotel (Best Western). Location was more important than knowledge or expectations about the place.

My expectations were not high at all, as places like these are normally not that good. There were no big signs outside, we were the only people in the restaurant, so it all seemed "iffy". The only reason why we even noticed the place was because during the day we passed it while getting our lunch. Once we were going for dinner we noticed there were hardly no lights outside and it almost seemed like the place was closed.

As soon as we entered however we were heartly welcomed by the friendly personnel. They gave us free choice of seats and helped us with the menu's.

They served us some warm nice tasting bread with oil and vinegar while we were making our choice on meals. I chose the Homemade Lasagne with salad as appetizer.

It took only about 5 minutes before the appetizers arrived and they were good, not wonderful but definitely good! After about 10 minutes we got our lasagnes and these were delicious. My expectations were not high at all. For one; the venue/setting :: Don't get me wrong! It wasn't dirty or whatever, but not first-class either. Everything was neat, clean and the atmosphere was really nice; but apart from that the prices weren't high either :: The Homemade Lasagne and Salad appetizer was less than 10 USD in total.

Like i said before, the salad was good, but once I tasted the lasagne I was totally convinced: This is one excellent restaurant!

All in all;

Personnel was friendly, well mannered, the venue was nice, neat, the atmosphere in general was really good and most important; the food was delicious and much better than expected.

It must also be mentioned; It was really quiet when we were there, so we had a nice and relaxing dinner and got all the attention we needed. Staff came checking on us regularly and once we left they were waving us goodbye in a friendly, but professional, manner.
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for this review.... It sounds so nice...
Posted on: Jan 03, 2010