Amalfi Hotel Chicago

Amalfi Hotel Chicago Rates and Deals

Amalfi Hotel Chicago Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place but expensive parking May 28, 2012
It was to be my last night on this trip before I headed back to Sweden in order to work. I wanted to stay as central as possible, because I had not been staying in Chicago for years.

On my way into Chicago I surfed on booking.com and found out that one of the best offers was the Amalfi Hotel Chicago in West Kimzie Street that was very close to what I wanted. The hotel room was 127 dollars for a king size so I booked it.

I found the hotel quite easy with the help of my GPS and I really enjoyed the fact that it was the last day of the Memorial Day weekend, because there was hardly any traffic driving into town.

I parked in front of the hotel and I noticed that they had valet parking, which price was quite steep. The valet parking was almost 20 dollar more expensive than all the other places that I had used before but I decided to use it anyway as I just wanted to get in and relax. The price was 47 dollar a night, so you can say that it was paid.

I was quite surprised when I saw the hotel from the outside as the hotel looked really huge and it not something that I had expected. The valet guys were all over me when I arrived at the hotel and I took out my stuff and gave them the car keys and went to the reception inside.

The lounge area in front of the reception was quite full of people but it was also quite small compared to the huge hotel. The reception was two small desks with a girl sitting behind in an office chair. My receptionist found my booking quite fast and I was given a room on second floor, which I was okay with.

My room was quite nice and I especially liked my bed. It was large and pretty high, which is a fact that I like because beds in European hotels are usually quite low. The room was really bright and the Wi-Fi worked quite well. The bathroom was nice and I liked my room a lot.
The view from my room
My bed
The room
My bed
cthunder86 says:
Congrats on your feature! You got a good deal.
Posted on: Jun 19, 2012
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
congrats!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2012
cicie says:
Congrats on your featured review, Christian:)
Posted on: Jun 18, 2012
Lostris77 Lostris77
Excellent location, great amenities. Mar 13, 2012
Stayed here for 3 nights in December 2011. I liked that it was a smaller boutique hotel, taking the first 7 floors of a much taller building. The lobby was very modern looking and the staff (the experience designers, as they were called) were friendly and helpful, suggesting restaurants, clubs, or sight seeing if requested.

The location was excellent, within walking distance to almost everything. Located in the downtown River North district, and just a couple blocks from Michigan avenue and the Loop. A lot of great jazz clubs, piano bars, night clubs and good restaurants within a few blocks.

The rooms were clean and modern, the beds were comfortable. One of my favourite features about this hotel was that breakfast was served on every floor. You could wander out in your pajamas to the buffet area on your floor, load up on a variety of food, and take it back to your room to enjoy.

Also included was the manager's reception, every evening between 5 and 7 you could enjoy an Italian themed buffet of hors d'ouevres and a premium open bar. This was obviously a popular feature for guests, so if you didn't get there early you were left without a place to sit as the lounge was very small and had very limited seating.

Overall, a great experience at Amalfi. This hotel is recommended by me!
xxdominiquexx xxdomini…
WONDERFUL and worth every penny Mar 19, 2012
Stayed at the hotel Amalfi after moving from a different hotel which had a number of issues.

The Hotel Amalfi was a wonderful and refreshing suprise. Great breakfasts provisions, staff were more than accommodating.

Hotel wonderful, clean and luxurious.

Great Gym, free Internet and wifi access errrm what else OHHHH and complimentary snacks and cocktails = BLISS.

Hotel housed a nice class of visitors and is within easy walking distance to local theatres, shopping restaurants etc.
sarahelaine sarahela…
Amalfi Hotel Aug 21, 2010
I really liked this hotel. It's just about a block from the Chicago River, which makes it really central, so the location is good. The room was lovely. It was a nice size, and the goodies in the bathroom were Aveda and really great quality. The view out the window wasn't great, but I was hardly in my room at all in daylight so didn't care.

The staff were all very friendly. They make a big deal out of having a good concierge system (or "experience designers" - slightly annoying terminologhy but I see what they're trying to do with it!), and the recommendations I got from the front desk were accurate and helpful.

There is free continental breakfast on each floor, which does mean eating it in your room - I'm not madly sociable in the morning anyway so that was fine. There are also free drinks and nibbles at 5pm. I wasn't really around at 5pm so only took advantage once, and to be honest, the lounge is too small to make this a great socialising opportunity. But the drinks are free and so I am prepared to give HUGE credit for that! There's also a business centre where you can check your emails.

The decor is all very cool, although I didn't remember to take many photos of it. it's also a nice size - some of the huge hotels in Chicago were enormous and this one felt far more personal.

All in all, this will be high on my list of hotels to go back to if I'm ever back in Chicago.
Hotel room. Doesn't really do it …
redcoffeecup redcoffe…
Boutique hotel in Downtown Chicago Jun 13, 2010
Boutique Hotel with great staff to welcome you. two free drinks at happy hour - Their Amalfatini was so yummy and the bartender gave out the recipe. Very unique, modern furnishings.

Amalfi Hotel Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes