Am Fuaran

Altandhu, Scotland

Am Fuaran Altandhu Reviews

davidx davidx
A real friendly pub Aug 23, 2010
Imagine a place far from the nearest town along at least two very minor roads in Scotland and the title of this review may mean more to you. Most people, who come anywhere near (i.e. Achiltibuie) will have taken a left turn from the main road north from Ullapool - but it needs a right turn later to find Altandhu.

In this whole area there are only two places where you can eat and buy alcoholic drinks. Of these I see the Summer Isles Bar in Achiltibuie as a restaurant where you can drink and Am Fuaran (The Forge in Gallic - I am told) as a pub where you can eat. It's all a matter of individual preference but this suited us best.

The 5 rating should make it clear that I am NOT knocking the quality of meals by saying the above. Both Pam's dressed crab and my hand-dived scallops were excellent!

My photos are of the area but you can see some of Am Fuaran on http://www.altandhu.com/
Viewpoint S of Altandhu
View from the official viewpoint

Related Travel Blogs About Am Fuaran

Pub, smokery, vewpoint, harbour, beach
That looks a mighty lot for a small place - and in population terms it is well smaller than London - 5 residents recorded in the 2001 census! The comment on the pslendid web page http://www.undiscove…Altandhu. The pub is the Am Fuaran bar (review). The Summer Isles Smokehouse used to be in Achiltibuie and I was surprised…

Compare Polbain Hotel Rates (4.3km away)

Altandhu Map