Altyn Shafron

2050 köçe, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan

Altyn Shafron Ashgabat Reviews

DAO DAO
A Peaceful Meal Feb 08, 2017
Altyn Shafran means ‘Golden Saffron’. I loved this place and ate here several times. It’s right across for the Ak Altin Hotel. Ak Altin translates as “Lying scumbags”. I hate this hotel and it staff. The first night I arrived I was really unhappy and wanted a cold beer and some food to takeaway. Across the street Altyn Shafron and its nice garden and vegetation beckoned my across the street, When I arrived at their outside entrance I was greeted by their grill and meat case where you can select the wonderful meat dishes they will grill to perfection for you. Inside was a small bar and indoor tables with somewhat loud music and friendly staff. I discovered they actually do beer to go as well! I went outside with the chef to select my kebab and let him get started with his grilling perfection. I went back inside to order some 1 litre beers to go. Nice cold beers, served in reused coke bottles. If you do dine here, and I did the next night, there is no need to dine inside regardless of the weather. They have a series of tables and dining areas outside that are covered. I enjoyed both my takeaway and also dining here. Their kebabs and meatballs are delicious. They are spiced and grill to perfection. They are served with fresh onion, salad and a variety of sauces to make a wonderful and economic meal. The staff are polite and happy to get you whatever you ask for.

A great and peaceful place to eat, drink and unwind.

Check Ashgabat Hotel Deals