Alton Room

Check Rome Hotel Deals

Alton Room Rome Reviews

matthew matthew
A Cheap but Comfortble Hostel Jan 10, 2009
This is about the most secure hostel I've ever stayed at! When I checked in, I was given 5 keys! One for the front door, one for the door on the stairs, one for the door to the corridor, one for my room, and one for the bathroom.

It's about a 10 minute walk from the Termini Bus/Train Station, but is within an easy walking distance of the main city attractions, particularly, a backpacker's favourite destination, the Spainsh Steps.

The rooms are shared between 6 people and there is plenty of space for each person. I was lucky enough to be given a double bed, but even the single beds looked quite comfortable. There are no bunk beds (well, not in my room there wasn't) and so you won't get woken in the middle of the night by someone shaking the bed in the small hours.

The shared bathroom has everything you'd expect and was always clean and tidy. I think the bathroom was shared by 2 rooms i.e. a maximum of 12 people.

It cost a very reasonable 15 Euros to stay the night, but it was certainly worth it considering the comfort for the price. For a cheap option, this is recommended.

Check Rome Hotel Deals