Altes Tramdepot

031 368 14 15

Altes Tramdepot Bern Reviews

slothtraveller slothtra…
Al fresco Swiss dining! Jan 23, 2017
I visited Altes Tramdepot on a very busy, sunny day in Spring 2013 and the outdoor dining area was full. Many of the groups who arrived at the time I did were asked to book a table for later in the evening. As I was alone, the waitress offered me a seat at a reserved table and said that a group would be arriving to share the table in a few minutes. As I was hungry, I decided that I would put aside my worries about communal dining and settled down to scan the menu.

I ordered my meal and a beer (I believe they brew their own beer here) and enjoyed the lovely views across the River Aare to the city. My waiter had fairly good English and although the restaurant was very busy, I was served promptly. I enjoyed my meal at this restaurant and by Swiss standards, it was quite good value for money. I was quite pleased as I had eaten my whole meal and was just finishing my beer when a group of lads arrived and settled down at the table (40 minutes late!) and ordered three beers each! This was my cue to make pay my bill and make a move. I think if the party of lads had arrived on time, my meal wouldn't have been quite so comfortable. Nevertheless, I would eat here again. I'm just not sure about sharing a table with strangers! :D

For my main course, I ordered the pork schnitzel which came in a mushroom sauce. The pork was a little pink although it didn't bother me and was quite tasty. It was served with some perfectly cooked pasta and the portion size was ample. As you pay a lot for your food in Switzerland, I took my time and ate the whole plate. Got to get your money's worth! I ordered a light beer (helles Bier) with my meal. It was very refreshing and a nice accompaniment to the meal.

Address: Grosser Muristalden 6, Bern

Directions: Near the Bear Park behind the tourist info building.

Website: http://www.altestramdepot.ch/htm/e_home.htm
Altes Tramdepot near the bear pit
yumyum-ch says:
Quite a few VTers have been here. I especially like their outdoor seating.
Posted on: Jan 24, 2017

Compare Berne Hotel Rates (4.3km away)

Bern Map