Alta Italia

Porutota Road, Negombo, Sri Lanka

Alta Italia Negombo Reviews

alexandra_h alexandr…
Most yucky Italian food ever Feb 07, 2012
I know, to go to European restaurants in Asia is a bad idea. Certainly when local cuisine is delicious. But there is almost no choice in the area where we were at that moment. And the fact that limoncello was on the menu convinced us to eat in this restaurant. Another fact was that the owner was an Italian. That would surely be good, we thought.

On the outside it looked very good. Nice design and menu was also quite attractive. We like everything on it. The staff was immediately very friendly.

I have seen something in the menu and I want to know more about it, the meal description is unclear to me. But the waiter has also no idea. I decide to take something else then.

Two of us had gnocchi and third girlfriend had pizza. Nothing was good. The gnocchi dough tasted strange. Ready made gnocchi from a cheap shop tastes hundred times better than this. And the pizza was just a frozen one which was heated in the microwave.

King coconut wasn't cooled but limoncello tasted good. And it was too expensive. Not a good value for the money, at all.

This Italian owner should be ashamed!

Check Negombo Hotel Deals