Al's Resort

Al's Resort Rates and Deals

Al's Resort Koh Samui Reviews

bangkokgirl bangkokg…
Affordable, on the beach Aug 11, 2013
I really enjoyed my stay here .. The room was clean, well stocked, comfortable beds, Cable tv, working air-conditioning, hot and cold shower, wifi but not free... Very nice pools .... Enjoyed drinks at the pool in the evening watching the sunset onto the water was quite beautiful.. The hotel is located on the beach with free beach lounges .. It is located pretty much in the center of Chaweng beach.. I was able to walk to bars and restaurants from the hotel .. The restaurant was very good.. They had high quality food and a very good selection .. I really enjoyed the free breakfast. If you want to get some snack, drinks, sun tan lotion there was a Tops Supermarket (or might of been Villa Market) within walking distance .. I will definitely stay here again..:)
I loved the view from the pool ..:…
famoustim famoustim
Some good, some bad Mar 20, 2011
I stayed in Pattaya for the first 10 days I was in Thailand and may have been spoiled a bit. Everything seems a bit more expensive in Samui. I can understand that. It is a bit quieter and seems geared more towards couples and older folks. I am 28 and single, so Pattaya is my kinda place :).

I travelled with a buddy of mine and we both booked a "Deluxe Courtyard" room for roughly 85 USD per night. I figured, at this price, the rooms would be pretty nice. Not so.

The rooms seemed very old and plain. Mine had a bit of a moldy smell. The bathroom was in desperate need of renovation. After being in the room just a few hours, we both decided that we needed to talk to the front desk about an upgrade. We chose the "Villa Deluxe" room for 37 USD more per night.

The Villa Deluxe rooms were quite a step up. It did make the trip a bit better. But, I was still bothered by the price we were paying.

Pros:

1. This hotel has an absolutely stellar location! It is right on the beautiful Cheweng Beach and close to good restaurants and bars. This is why they can get away with the prices they charge.

2. Two beautiful, clean, large, pools. One of them has an amazing view of the beach and a swim up bar.

3. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Check-in/out was very easy and quick. We also rented our motorbikes directly from the hotel and since we were guests, they let us pay upon return with no deposit.

4. Housekeeping was extremely productive and quick. I would spend 1-2 hours every day at the pool/beach after waking up, and they were always done by the time I got back.

Cons:

1. Rooms seem very out of date to me. I was very surprised to see that they had not fixed the problems with the water pressure (I had read this in other reviews on other sites). The sink and shower water pressure was constantly changing and it was very difficult to find a comfortable water temperature in the shower. It seemed to be either HOT or COLD with not much in between. The Villa Deluxe rooms also had no seal at the bottom of the front door. There were quite a few bugs in my room with me. Bugs don't bother me much, but I know they are a nuisance to most people.

2. I can't believe that I paid over 120USD per night and still had to pay extra for internet.

If Al's Resort would just renovate, I think it would be 100% good to go. Their staff is awesome and their location is prime. It is just the rooms that need work. I would not stay there again unless they dropped prices for their current rooms, or they renovate and keep current prices for new updated room.

Koh Samui is an awesome place. Make sure to try the Ninja restaurant!
ozlad ozlad
Location Location Location Jan 29, 2010
AN absolute pleasure to stay here...i was lucky enough to get a villa by the beach...turn left i was on white sand...turn right and i was in the main shopping, cafe, bar district.

The pools were amazing and you were right in the heart of Samui. Close to all beach parties at night for the ragers but quiet enough for rest for the more conservative types.

Had internet access but was a bit slow.

Staff were amazing and the breakfast supplied was really good.

I loved it.
Pool looking toward beach
The villa
beach from the villa

Al's Resort Overview

Location.
Al's Resort is located on the beach in central Ko Samui, close to Chaweng Thai Boxing Stadium, Chaweng Noi Beach, and Bangrak Beach. Other points of interest near this hotel include Big Buddha Statue and Phetch Buncha Thai Boxing Stadium.

Hotel Features.
This Ko Samui hotel has a private beach. Al's Resort's restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A poolside bar and a bar/lounge are open for drinks. Room service is available during limited hours. The hotel serves breakfast each morning in the restaurant (surcharges apply). Recreational amenities include a children's pool and a health club. This 3-star property offers a meeting/conference room, secretarial services, and limo/town car service. Wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas (surcharges apply). This Ko Samui property has 1076 square feet of event space consisting of banquet facilities. For a surcharge, shuttle services include a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request), an area shuttle, and a ferry terminal shuttle. Wedding services, concierge services, tour/ticket assistance, and translation services are available. Self parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a library, barbecue grills, and multilingual staff. Extended parking privileges may be offered to guests after check-out (surcharge). A total renovation of this property was completed in September 2010.

Guestrooms.
92 air-conditioned guestrooms at Al's Resort feature minibars and CD players. Balconies offer desert views. Beds come with Select Comfort mattresses and premium bedding. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are offered. Bathrooms feature showers with rainfall showerheads. They also offer bathrobes, slippers, and complimentary toiletries. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. In addition to desks and safes, guestrooms offer phones. Televisions have cable channels and free movie channels. Guests may request in-room massages, irons/ironing boards, and hair dryers. Housekeeping is available daily.

A private beach and a health club are featured at the hotel. Other recreational amenities include a children's pool.

Children under 10 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool without adult supervision.

Al's Resort Amenities

• Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes