Alpha Donuts

45-16 Queens Blvd , Sunnyside, NY, USA

Alpha Donuts Sunnyside Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Jan 01, 2007
So the first time I had Alpha donuts was when I was in college...I was doing a photo documentary where I sat on the subway and took photographs...and my friend rode around with me the first time until I got comfortable with the way the train system worked. She took me to certain sights that she knew of and one of them is a little known place called Alpha Donuts in Queens.

This is a little mom and pop donut shop...everybody in this area knows about it! You walk in and you see a small, narrow diner spreading back. In the front there is a counter and a large donut display spread against the wall and going back is a bar to eat the scrumptious meal at.

On this outing to New York Brandon and I went here for breakfast on New Years day. I wasn't in the mood for a donut...I figured I should have something with more substance since I'd be walking around all day. So we sat at the bar and looked at the menu. They had a couple of selections for real food...brandon and I decided on an omlet...which they had a couple of different varieties...enough to make every one happy.

The breakfasts in New York diners, I noticed, are a really good price... they are very cheap and the food is fresh and very well made.

Now on to the donuts....they have a large selection of donuts and pastries. My favorite is the apple crumb donut. I like anything that tastes like apple, smells like apple pie...looks like apples. So this was a sure fire donut for me. The taste of it melts on your taste buds and you can honestly eat 5 of them and it won't phase you at all because they are so good. but unfortunately later in the day your body will feel it by feeling sluggish because of all the sugar and carbs you put in it. But I suggest getting a breakfast with a donut. Or get a box of of each type...cut them up and split them with your friends over a cup of coffee!
pinchora says:
I'm glad there is someone else who has heard of this magnificent place!
Posted on: Jan 21, 2010
shout4 says:
I LOVE Alpha Donuts!! I've had many drunk meals there at 4am...:)
Posted on: Nov 11, 2009
mellemel8 says:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm donuts
Posted on: Aug 01, 2007

Compare Elizabeth Hotel Rates (10.5km away)

Alpha Donuts Map