Alpenzoo Innsbruck

www.alpenzoo.at - 0512 292323

Alpenzoo Innsbruck Reviews

Maurizioago Maurizio…
The Alpenzoo. Jan 24, 2017
This zoo is built on and around a mountain. It has only animals that live in alpine habitats.

I couldn' t find the time to visit it on my first visit to Innsbruck. I had read lots of info about this zoo and I thought it was a very interesting and funny place. Unfortunately it turned out to be a real tourist trap for me.

I was given a map of the zoo. I walked and climbed a lot there. I was able to spot only a few

animals. Some birds, a couple of hyenas, several savage cats, some owls and other animals.

I couldn' t see the bears. Later the cashier told me there was only a bear at the zoo. I can' t imagine where it was.
Ils1976 Ils1976
High in the mountains Apr 18, 2011
A fun thing to do when you are visiting Innsbruck is going

to its Zoo. The Alpenzoo is a day of fun for kids and even adults.

The Alpenzoo is not your average zoo, here you can find all the animals which are typical for the Alps. It is the only zoo in the world to devote itself specifically to this topic.

But besides the animals found in the Alps, there are also the animals that live in the rest of Europe. While you get the know more about these animals you also get the spectacular views of the surrounding mountains for "free".

When you visit the zoo make sure you bring good walking shoes with you because it is very hilly. The zoo is "housed" on a slope of a mountain and some area's are very steep! It is said that the zoo is the highest one in all of Europe, I don't know if this is true, but it is a fact that you have to climb alot!

All in all it is a fun place to spend a day and you learn something more about animals that live not so far away from your own neigbourhood ... if you live in Europe that is! :)

Related Travel Blogs About Alpenzoo Innsbruck

Innsbruck, austria
Due to its location between high mountains, Innsbruck serves as an ideal place for skiing in winter, and mountaineering in summer. There are several ski resorts around Innsbruck with the Nordkette se…Alpenzoo (Alpine Zoo)     * Botanischer Garten der Universit├Ąt Innsbruck, the University of Innsbruck's botanical garden…

Check Innsbruck Hotel Deals