8 Alpseestr., Hohenschwangau, Germany
Alpenstuben - The waitress

Alpenstuben Hohenschwangau Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place for a beer Aug 25, 2010
I had been out looking for an ATM in order to have some cash and I had ended up down at the tourist office in Hohenschwangau and it was around 7 pm. It turned out that 7 pm was the time where lot of things closed in this little tourist village. I had been driving all day and wanted a cold beer; the first place I walked into said that they were closing so I had to walk uphill again towards my own hotel.

On the way I walked by Alpenstuben and could see that it was still open so I decided to pay them a visit. Inside in the combined hotel, restaurant and bar it could see that the interior was the traditional Bavarian with loads of wood carving and oak. I decided to go outside in their beer garden where most of the other customers were staying.

I went for one of their Helles Bier that cost 3,20 € for 40 cl. and which tasted wonderful. I ended up having a couple or 3 of them while I was looking at the different guests staying there. It was pretty entertaining and I especially had fun watching a Russian family sitting in front of me.
A cold beer