Alpe di Siusi and Bolzano, Italy

Bolzano, Italy
Alpe di Siusi and Bolzano, Italy - Veal with wild mushroom dish. Ugh- Mouth watering

Alpe di Siusi and Bolzano, Italy Reviews

asiuper2 asiuper2
Charming city and people Jun 21, 2014
I went touring the north of Italy with a friend a couple summers ago and Italy was hot hot hot. That's pretty much what I remember now. But when we hoped on the train to Bolzano and got off the weather was delectable and the hostel we stayed at (really close to train station) was extremely clean and well equipped.

Maybe I was overwhelmed by our daily diet of fish and pasta but the 1st day we were at Bolzano we had lunch at this little dark bar and I had the best sausage. There were flowers everywhere, the little cafes are charming. And although we didn't go they have a museum with a famous frozen man. Ötzi -- Which I thought was really cool.

People in this town speak and have German, Italian and English heritage so it was wonderful to talk to locals about their lives and culture..

The Alpe di Siusi is a wonderful place to bike around or take a walk. We ended up at this charming little house restaurant attended by a local family and they all wore traditional German (or Austrian?) garb. It was so cool! Amazing backdrop and had delicious pasta with veal and wild mushrooms --- Ugh

Every time I look at the Alpe di Siusi magnet on my fridge, it takes me back-- I can feel that clean cool breeze on my face, makes me want to go again every time. :))
Veal with wild mushroom dish. Ugh-…

Check Bolzano Hotel Deals