Alona Hidden Dream Resort

Check Bohol Hotel Deals

Alona Hidden Dream Resort Bohol Reviews

nolan nolan
Quiet resort a short walk away from Alona Beach Apr 07, 2016
Alona Hidden Dream Resort is a quiet resort located about five minutes walk from Alona Beach. The entrance to the resort is by a restaurant with the same name, and the rooms are further inside the compound. Across the street is an ATM of BPI, and right beside it is a convenience store, which make for a big plus.

The resort has wide open spaces where the pool (both adult and kiddie pool) are located before most of the rooms. The room that we got was one of the smaller rooms, meant for twin sharing. Other rooms were larger and suitable for whole families.

The room decor is quite dark, although our particular room (Room 9) had a trapezoidal design hence more floor space than the other smaller rooms. The cabinets are dark and don't have closing doors. It is very inconvenient to put one's stuff and clothes on the cabinet. There is a small Aircon which isn't strong enough to cool the room sooner, hence we left it on for the duration of our stay. The beds are simple and only with foam (not spring) mattresses.

The bathroom was the biggest disappointment. During the 2 days and 2 nights I stayed there, water pressure was very weak that is was just a little more than a trickle. On day 2, they completely lost water supply for most of the day, thus I was forced to take a bath at the pool which was showing signs of getting stale due to lack of circulation. Good thing there were not many guests using the pool and so the water wasn't as bad compared to if lots of guests were using it. The water problem persisted until it was time to check out, although it went back to faster than a trickle on the last day.

Overall I am ambivalent about this resort because of the lack of facilities but also appreciate the peace and quiet compared to the other resorts nearby. But I wouldn't stay here again as I would likely choose a higher end accommodation to ensure I don't repeat such an experience.
Twin beds
Cabinet and Aircon
LED TV
Room 9 is tucked in that corner in…
nolan says:
Thanks to all who have congratulated me on the featured review. The resort would have gotten higher marks from me but obviously it was overwhelmed since this followed the peak season of Easter. During lean season they likely would have more water and the staff would be attentive to the needs of the expected fewer clientele. I reckon we stayed in a more basic type of accommodation, as there are family rooms that have better location and views.
Posted on: Oct 18, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
Thank you for the honest review Nolan. From your first photo I thought how lovely are the beds and the wood paneled walls however I can understand it would make it quite dark.

Congratulations on your featured review.
hightide says:
Congrats on your featured review! :)
joseph98 joseph98
Decent Budget Option Apr 07, 2016
Tucked away off a street that itself leads up to Alona beach (scene of the pricier, more glamorous accommodation options), this little place is café first and guesthouse second at first glance, hence its name. It may be pleasantly situated around a garden courtyard with swimming pool, but its below-average price for the area indicates its no frills nature.

I stayed here for only one night, sharing a room with travbuddy Nolan, and neither of us made use of the inviting swimming pool or café, so I’m judging it on the room and service alone. The latter was fine; organising transport to the port was straightforward enough. As far as the room itself goes, the bed was OK, as was the bathroom, although water pressure for the sink and toilet was not ideal. The air conditioning also took a while to get going!

All the same, for a one night, budget-conscious stay this is a decent enough choice.
joseph98 says:
Haha, thanks both ;-) Nolan's is the more detailed, so he deserves the adulation more than me...
simsing says:
Oops....sorry. This got posted at wrong place because when I clicked on the featured review your post came first. But since you also wrote the same review as Nolan, keep your share ;)
simsing says: