Alojamiento Garganta Verde

Zahara, Spain

Alojamiento Garganta Verde Zahara Reviews

davidx davidx
Vultures and a Gorge Nov 04, 2010
I am sure there is a longer walk here that I did not complete but even what I did was quite wonderful. The website attaches this walk to Grazalema and it can wel be done from there but it is actually nearer to Zahara de la Sierra. The starting point is to the right (going from Zahara to Grazalema) near the top of the first hill. if you have a car it is worth seeing the whole road.

As soon as you turn off the road you will see a hill near you around which you are pretty sure of seeing a major flock of vultures. Going in htat direction but keeping to the path well below the hill, you will come to a narrow path down into the gorge.

It's quite a scramble down the gorge but I was thoroughly enjoying it on a lovely day. Suddenly it was black as night. A flight of about 40 vultures had occluded the sun.I started to wonder how on earth so many large birds could survive. How could they get enough to eat? I knew they ate rotten meat.I looked at my poisoned finger that was putting out puss. i didn't for a moment seriously think the creatures were going to attack me but I was no longer enjoying myself. What a fool! So I walked back.

It was December but the spring flowers were well started including the smallest daffodils I have ever seen.

Compare El Gastor Hotel Rates (7.6km away)

Alojamiento Garganta Verde Map