Aloha Stadium Swap Meet

(808) 486-6704

Aloha Stadium Swap Meet Honolulu Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Great souvenir shopping Jan 10, 2010
I had been told that THE PLACE to go souvenir shopping in Hawaii was a the 'Swap Meet'. At first, I was a little reluctant, thinking it was a traditional swap meet. But, it's really an open-air flea market held on the Aloha Stadium parking lot on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. I love shopping at markets when I travel and really enjoyed the Swap Meet. (In fact, I would go back if I manage to return to Oahu).

I visited early on a Saturday morning, which I suggest. The crowd is smaller and the sun isn't unbearable. I found many great souvenirs -- including a tea set made from coconut wood; it's one of my favorite finds I have collected while traveling. Many of the vendors sell the same things and the marketplace is set up into four areas, basically quadrants of the parking lot circling the stadium. Prices of traditional Hawaiian souvenirs, like macademia nuts, coffee and dried fruit, are much less expensive at the Swap Meet than buying them in souvenir shops in Waikiki or elsewhere.

There is a $1 admission charge per person.

Related Travel Blogs About Aloha Stadium Swap Meet

Other Fun Things
Visit the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet-If you are ever here on a Sat., Sun. or a Wed you have to check out this out. GREAT BARGAINS ON EVERYTHING. You will be able to pick up a lot of great local merchand…Aloha Stadium Swap Meet-If you are ever here on a Sat., Sun. or a Wed you have to check out this out. GREAT BARGAINS ON EVERYTHING . You will…

Check Honolulu Hotel Deals