Aloha Hostel

Aloha Hostel Rates and Deals

Aloha Hostel Paris Reviews

fred178 fred178
There are far better hostels in Paris Sep 07, 2011
In Paris you expect to pay more for a bed, than any other city in Europe perhaps- I know this. But for the amount you pay for a hostel in Paris (on average 32euros p/n) you can find far better places more deserving of price tag like that.

Built in the 15th Arondissement, and about a 20 minute walk (or 4minute metro ride) away from the Eiffel tower, its location holds Aloha hostel in good stead. The hostel was clean. The building itself is very old in a nice traditional way. The breakfast was decent, and the rooms were good and not too busy.

On the other hand...

The staff were very unhelpful and unfriendly. I know my way around most parts of Paris, but the questions and directions I did ask for I didn't get given. On arrival I was told repeatedly for about 15 minutes that I had arrived a day late and so lost my booking before they realised they had mistaken me for someone else. They had computors with internet- 1 of the 5 in working order. Oh and miniscule bathrooms- okay..rant over.

Because I was so late to book hostels for Paris, I ended up staying in 4 different ones during my stay in Paris. Like I said, it wasn't bad, but compared to the other hostels I stayed in, of a similar price, this place seemed like a bland fun-vacuum.
AliS22 AliS22
Great location, basic amenities May 27, 2009
An okay hostel with a great location - thus recommended. A bunch of computers, a kitchen in the basement, and tables in the "common room" on the main floor make it a fun place to hang out. It is close to the subway station, which makes it very quick and easy to get wherever you want whenever you want. There is a curfew, but I never had a problem getting in after it (although I only tried once). Sometimes the staff are not particularly helpful, but you learn pretty quickly who to ask for suggestions/help and who not too.
lindsay342 lindsay3…
Dec 20, 2007
This is a terrible Hostel!!!!!! It is in a good location, and easy walking distance to the Eifel Tour, and also the metro which will take you anywhere you want to go quickly, however the hostel itself is poor.

It is dirty. The showers are cramped, which is not necessarily a problem except when the last thing you want to do is touch anything in them. Felt about as dirty coming out of the shower as I did going in.

It is cramped. Very small rooms for 6 people to share. no where to put any of your stuff, and no lockers.

Free Breakfast is not worth it. Although the breakfast is free (which is always appreciated) this one is virutally inedible. rock hard bread, warm milk, and sour orange juice is not a way to start your day.

There isn't an active common room really, you have to pay for internet when most hostels allow you to use it for free, and there is no hand soap in the washrooms, and even no sink in one of them!!!!

You would probably be better staying a little further out of the city center to get a more decent accomodation. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

Related Travel Blogs About Aloha Hostel

Paris and Lisbon
The past 9 days came and went and it feels like I barely even noticed.  I have no idea what happened, but I have a lot of pictures.  Sensory overload I think, and here are a few semi-s…Paris. I stayed at Aloha Hostel and it smelled like urine and feet, but the guy at the check-in was sexy…

Check Aloha Hostel Rates and Deals