Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 Rates and Deals

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 Reviews

ccjbeachbum ccjbeach…
better the 2nd time May 18, 2013
the aloft by Sheridan i had stayed in before the travbuddy meet-up and Jamal was also staying along with other travbuddys

They welcomed me back and offered me a upgraded room -the only thing i could find as being a upgrade was the view which was priceless and I'm grateful for that

The rooms were nice and clean with that south Florida art-deco look.the beds were very nice after staying in guest houses for the last few weeks these beds were much awaited.

The showers were clean and modern and had the rain forest shower heads and the bathroom had all the amenities

The location was about a 10 minute walk to sukhumvit and the nana bts train and next store at the federal hotel they have a great breakfast and really good coffee.

If its clubs that your into then this hotel is perfect as you are sandwiched in between to happin night clubs and the great thing is a couldn't hear the noise but many enjoyed the clubs-all in all its a great place and it usually costs about 70 to 100 with tax -but i used Sheridan points for a free night stay
ccjbeachbum says:
yes its a newer hotel - starwoods hotel brand
Posted on: May 19, 2013
spocklogic says:
Nice looking place!
Posted on: May 19, 2013
eamon_nomad eamon_no…
Close to the clubs! Nov 23, 2013
Stayed in the suite and the standard rooms, great beds that are super comfy and its close to all the good clubs and pubs. The staff are very accomodating and the Crave is a great place to eat and drink and is very affordable. I generally stay here on my trips to BKK. I come every 4-5 months on business and the price is fantastic for what you get,they have this Urban Touch room, with a phone that controls everything in the room. I stayed in this room once and will always choose this when I return, its a lot of fun. The hotel itself is nice, the pool is great, gym is good and the staff are extremely nice. This is actually typical of S.E. Asia. But overall a great deal with a great vibe.
geronik geronik
It's all about value for money Dec 10, 2012
What a refreshing establishment in the heart of Bangkok.

New, modern hotel, stayed here for a night last December (when it had just opened) and another night late January.

Location is good, a fair walk down SOI 11 but still only 5-6 minutes from nana Skytrain or 10min from Asok. Lot's of great international restaurants in this Soi and one of the most trendy clubs in Bangkok is right opposite the hotel.

Price / Value ratio is the main advantage of this hotel.

The ALOFT hotels target the "young and trendy" (as the receptionist mentioned) and this hotel does so very well in my opinion. Excellent design, nice bar, free wireless, snazy lifts, inroom iphone dock and other interesting connections which obviously I am either not young or trendy enough to know what they're meant to connect to!

Service is OK - Not excellent. Checking in took AGES. Some stupid system about charging my credit card the whole stay + a Deposit and then returning it upon check-out, was not a good first impression. I am a hotel owner myself, I know there are other ways to do this - checking in should not take more than 1 minute. This took about 10minutes, maybe more. I asked for a better price when I was there the first time as I only intended to stay 4hours - the receptionist couldn't give me a lower rate as she said she would if she could but she didn't know how to enter a manual rate in the system!

Another good point of the hotel is the great roof swimming pool, that actually does get some sun during the day! E.g. the pool at the nearby Grand Sukhumvit Hotel is covered by a tall enighbouring building and hardly sees any sunlight! (an otherwise excellent hotel though).

All in all, a very modern-trendy hotel, reasonably sized rooms, good use of technology, and a fantastic ambience in the lobby, great first impression - A/C works like a charm, very refreshing! There's a free tuk tuk service to the skytrain (sometimes not worth the wait).

I'd definitely stay here again and i don't think you can go wrong with this one.

Compared to other nearby hotels I have stayed in, it's:

- Better than: ON8 (soi 8)

- On Par with (but usually cheaper than) Grand Sukhumvit Hotel soi 6

And i'll know next month how it compares to the new DREAM HOTEL (soi 15) where I'll be staying for a night on my next visit.
dyron_888 says:
great review!
Posted on: Nov 06, 2013
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
New hotel with a young & trendy atmosphere Feb 27, 2012
I stayed at Aloft in Bangkok located on Sukhumvit Soi 11 for 3 nights in February 2012 and I chose the hotel as it was brand new (opened in December 2011), the price was quite reasonable and I wanted to stick to a Starwood Preferred Guest hotel (I have a Gold card so it gives a few benefits). I have been to Bangkok a number of times and I have stayed at hotels such as Sheraton Sukhumvit, Westin Sukhumvit, Lebua, Centara Grand at CentralWorld, Shangri-La, St. Regis and Plaza Athenee just to give you an idea of my reference point when I write this review about Aloft. I booked the hotel online on the SPG site and I went for an offer “stay 3 night – pay for 2” and the cost was 7000 Baht plus the mandatory 17-18 % hotel tax (so a grand total of 270 USD including taxes for the three nights). You can get single nights down to 2100 Baht if I’m not mistaken and that is about 80 USD including the taxes!

I arrived in Bangkok at night and took a taxi into the hotel (remember to use the meter even if they suggest a fixed price of 450 Baht). I’m familiar with the Sukhumvit Soi 11 area so this was not a surprise to me – I actually had to guide the taxi driver as he was not familiar with the hotel location at all. Driving up to the hotel lobby it was easy to see that this was a young and trendy hotel rather than a 5 star hotel like Sheraton or Le Meridien. When I got to the reception the music was blasting from speakers, TV’s were displaying sports and music videos etc. The check in was fast and I got a different room than I had booked (I got Urban and not Chic) but I’m not sure that it makes a big difference. As I have a SPG gold card I also got late checkout (4 PM) and I got a voucher for three drinks in the lobby bar.

I got room 1103 on the 11th floor and with 4 lifts it was not a problem getting fast to the room. As it is a new hotel it offers modern technology like swiping the card in the lift to be able to get to your floor and the door to the room was also opened by just placing the hotel key card next the lock. The hallway to my room was quite dim and very warm but my room was a nice surprise. The room was a bit on the small side and it was a bit hard to place my over-sized Samsonite suitcase but it still looked like a nice room. As I walked into my room I had the bathroom to my immediate right while the room was straight forward. The floor was covered by a colorful carpet while the walls were in light colors. The room was dominated by the king size bed, a corner sofa and the desk with the large flat screen TV on it and a small mini bar. The bed was huge and it was actually quite comfortable. The TV had a number of channels like you would expect in a modern hotel – but more importantly: the wifi at the hotel was free and seemed to work pretty good. The mini bar had a small selection of drinks and a beer was about 120 Baht (about 4 USD) but why buy it at the hotel when you can get it on a street bar for 2 USD? ;-)

The small table next to the bed included a Philips alarm clock where I could dock and charge my iPhone – brilliant in other words. But there were also lots of sockets around in the room to charge the laptop, iPad, camera etc. The view from the room was not bad – I had a city view and I was looking down on the bar The Nest.

The bathroom was very nice and with a pretty creative setup. The first part of the room contained on one side the wardrobe (with an ironing board and iron), small safe, a coffee machine and water boiler (maybe a bit weird to have this in the bathroom) and on the other wall there was a sink with just a couple of amenities. With a mirror sliding door it was possible to divide the room in two rooms and the inner part of the room contained the toilet and the shower – nice setup if you are sharing the room with someone but want to have some privacy when e.g. taking a shower. The shower was huge (I guess there is space for a bigger shower when there is no bathtub) but there was not a lot of the amenities that you find in the 5 star hotels. Instead of having small bottles with various products there were just two dispensers on the shower wall…one with shampoo and one with shower gel. The water in the shower took a bit of time to heat up but in the end it was possible to get a pretty hot shower if that is want you want. The floor was in dark tiles which looked stylish but with the uneven surface it might be a bit tricky to clean?

I did not have breakfast in my room rate but I did have breakfast at Crave one day. It is located on the 8th floor and it seems like it is a restaurant at night (with a nice selection of wine on display) and a breakfast place in the morning. It is split in two section so you can actually sit outside or inside in air-con. The breakfast selection was quite good with the option of getting your eggs made the way you want, they had bread, cereal, fruit etc. It was not as lavish as the breakfast buffet that you see on the 5 star hotel s but more than good in enough for most people I would imagine. If you don’t want to pay the 550 Baht for breakfast at Crave you also have the option of getting something in the lobby. In the lobby there is a small self serve place that has drinks, fruit, cereal and there was also staff there to make a sandwich – a great option if you are not a big eater in the morning.

On the 10th floor you can find the pool and the gym. The gym had the stuff that I need for a workout – a couple of treadmills, and they were brand new and everything was control on a touch screen – not sure if that is the best option. The pool was described on the Aloft webpage as being 80 meters long which is of course wrong. The pool area is rather small but at least you have the option of cooling down in a pool and get a view at the same time. I think the tower itself puts the pool in the shade in the afternoon.

The location of the hotel

I’m not quite sure what to say about the location of the hotel. It is located deep in Soi 11 but you can easily walk to Sukhumvit road and the second you turn the corner you are at Nana skytrain station so it is easy to get around from there. Soi 11 is a lively street with lots of restaurants, bars, massage parlors etc. There are some well known places here: Bed and Supper Club is right across the street from the hotel and you can find Q Bar and The Nest around the corner. Some of these places do contain a number of working girls so don’t be shocked when you see a number of western guys with Thai girls coming into the hotel.

So what about things that were not that great? Well, I came back to my room at about 3-4 pm after work and my room was not cleaned – a bit strange as this is normally done in the morning when people are out of the room. My wifi worked pretty well but I tried to plug in the cable to get an even better internet line but the cable didn’t see to work at all. When I handed in the laundry bag one day I did not get a new bag – I guess this is just start up problems and they will figure it out when they get a bit more experience.

Conclusion

This is a brand new hotel located in one lively part of Bangkok. The hotel has a young and trendy atmosphere so I’m not sure it will be the right hotel for everyone. The good thing about the hotel is free wifi, it is new, the room was quite good in layout, there was a bit of complimentary water in the room for drinking and the location is not bad at all. But if you are looking for a quiet hotel for relaxation you might want to look somewhere else.
Bathroom area
Coffee maker in the room
Wardrobe
Shower
ccjbeachbum ccjbeach…
love this place Sep 25, 2012
"ALOFT BANGKOK-SUKHUMVIT 11" would have been my first choice to stay for the march travbuddy meet-up.but then i stayed at sheridan grande lol .all in all i liked this place and the price was one-third the price of four points by sheridan.aloft location is about a 100 yards away from sukhumvit but its a cool place and very colorful.the staff was fantastic so nice and friendly.the rooms were nice and they made you feel younger honest lol .here you also get free internet which the other 2 sheratons didnt have and the club called the grey goose was across the street and the best club climacts was 30 yards away.so your right inbetween the club action and 100 yards from the nana center and BTS subway. i do think ill stay here for the travbuddy meet-up as you get the same for a third off and if you have starwood points its only 2,000 points for a weekend stay.this place is a winner
errrr camera
damn camera
Caliber-A says:
so is it the fantastic, nice and friendly staff that makes you feel younger?
Posted on: Sep 26, 2012
ccjbeachbum says:
has a great vibe
Posted on: Sep 25, 2012
Vikram says:
Must be special, making clients feel younger. LOL!
Posted on: Sep 25, 2012
hlek hlek
New hotel with great location Feb 13, 2012
Excellent new hotel with convenient location at the centre of Sukhumvit. Nana BTS skytrain station is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel & Goose Bar is right opposite the hotel for a hot night out.

One of the brands of Starwood Hotels and Resorts. You'll like it if you fancy a basic room with a little twist. Best thing of all - it has a free wifi in all the rooms and a rooftop pool.

For more information and pictures - check out www.alofthotels.com
Facade

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes