Alma Restaurante & Bar

Av. La Paz 463, Lima, Peru

Alma Restaurante & Bar Lima Reviews

starship1 starship1
Breakfast at Casa Andina's Alma Restaurante Apr 14, 2014
We stayed at the Casa Andina Private Collection both before and after our time visiting the Sacred Valley. Breakfast at this excellent hotel was included in the rate.

Clean, convenient and consistently good are the attributes I assign to breakfasts at the Alma Restaurante located just off the hotel's lobby. Admittedly, we did only have the buffet breakfast here but given the opportunity we would have tried dinner here as well if time allowed.

I like the early morning bustle of restaurants and the Alma was a light and airy kind of place with one side of the restaurant being entirely enclosed by floor-to-ceiling windows. Breakfast is served buffet style with something to satisfy almost everyone's tastes. The buffet included lots of fruit selections, nuts, waffles with your choice of toppings, sausages, cereals, toast, rolls, at least 2 hot Peruvian breakfast dishes, vegetables, potatoes and onions, cold cuts, cheese, yogurt, interesting juice choices and Danish-type sweets. You could also have omelets, and other egg dishes made to order. My omelets were always tasty. Since this is an all-you-can-eat buffet, this works very well if you plan to forgo lunch.

After seating yourself, a waiter will take your hot beverage order. However, each of the 3 times we had breakfast at the Alma, the waiter service was extremely slow, usually inattentive and haphazard at best. Something was always missing from our table -- silverware/utensils, napkins, or cups. By the time our coffee or tea was finally delivered, the meal was getting cold. We learned to start eating rather than wait.

The Alma serves a sit-down dinner from 6:30 to 11 p.m. with Peruvian dishes on the menu such as cerviches, grilled alpaca, and beef with mushroom sauce. As I am not an adventurous eater, I tried just a small bit of alpaca during our time in Peru and was surprised to find that to me it tasted similar to mutton, a flavor I do not like.

Favorite Dish: My daily omelets were always very good, and I enjoyed the potatoes and onions, rolls, and the slightly sweet Danishes. While in Peru I tried to avoid thin-skinned fruits and vegetables but my husband did not --- he was able to eat virtually everything and did not become ill. Unfortunately, that was not the case for me although I tried my best!

The buffet breakfast is served Monday to Friday from 6am to 10am and Saturdays and Sundays from 6 am to 11am.
Alma Restaurante & Bar
Breakfast omelette, vegetables, Da…
Breakfast buffet island