Alliance Hotel Paris Porte Saint Ouen

Check Saint-Ouen Hotel Deals

Alliance Hotel Paris Porte Saint Ouen Saint-Ouen Reviews

Sweetski Sweetski
Reasonable hotel, for a reasonable price Apr 11, 2009
My friend and I specifically picked this chain hotel for its location. We go to Paris often, and this time we wanted to visit the largest and most famous antique market in all of France, Les Puces de Saint-Ouen, locally known as Les Puces (The Fleas), which is located near Porte de Clingancourt and Porte de Saint-Ouen on the periphery of Paris. I really should do a separate review on the flea market, because it is a village in its own right. But this is a review of the Holiday Inn Garden Court, which by the way is not a correct name, for there was no garden nor a courtyard in sight.

In my opinion, their standard room rate of 145 euros is pushing the limits of reasonability. We however, booked through a booking site and paid significantly less. That made our value/cost ratio balance in their favour. Well that, and the guarded parking lot. Finding a parking space anywhere in Paris is a hassle to say the least, so we were happy to part with (a very reasonable) 8 euros per night. For an extra 4 euros we could have used their garage, but my friend's 4x4 wouldn't have fitted, so we opted out on that one.

You probably know what to expect of a three star Holiday inn Garden Court, and this one did just that. Service was friendly, our desk clerk spoke several languages. Cleanliness of the room was average, but good enough. We were only going to spend a few hours per night in the room anyway. The bathroom was the usual French size, meaning very small. However, in this Garden Court, they used the available space very cleverly, which made the bathroom look and feel roomier than it actually was. It did come with a bath, so that was a bonus. The lack of noise in the room was good too, because the hotel is situated really close to the eight lane highway that surrounds Paris; the periphery, so some noise was to be expected.

When in Paris, we never use the available breakfast. In our experience it is overpriced and of questionable quality. This hotel was no exception, charging 15 euros for some coffee and a croissant. Well, that is my breakfast anyway, you could eat more of course. But I am far better off in a local bar, having coffee and a croissant at the counter, which is exactly what I did. Nevertheless, the breakfast area looked nice enough.

So, if you want to save some cash to spend on the nearby antiques market, I can recommend this hotel. If on the other hand, you are more interested in visiting Paris' famous sites and landmarks, than this is not your preferred location.
Lounge area near the reception desk
The reception area
Breakfast buffet
The hotel's restaurant La Fontaine…
Sweetski says:
Damn, you caught me :D

The next reviews will be of Dutch hotels, but I'll make sure I find us the perfect location, for the best price available in Paris for when I show you around :D
Posted on: May 22, 2010
Sunflower300 says:
Ok, next review let me know where to stay when I want to visit Paris and the market. :) I will want to do it all when I finally make it here. I just hope I have my very own tour guide to show me around, I will expect my tour guide to speak at least three languages, French, English and maybe a bit of Dutch. :D

Fantastic review! Your reviews are wonderful, they tell everything one needs to know without becoming a novel (like someone else we know, won't mention any names - Sunflower...).

You wouldn't happen to be aiming for something now would you. Leaving me behind with only seven awards.
Posted on: May 22, 2010

Alliance Hotel Paris Porte Saint Ouen Overview

Location
This charming city hotel is located close to Paris and Villepinte. Within 300 m of the hotel are links to the public transport system, which can easily be reached on foot. St. Quen Metro station is around 500 m from the hotel. Within 3 km of the hotel a wide range of shopping facilities including the Haussmann shopping centre as well as numerous restaurants, diverse bars, cafes and lively entertainment opportunities are to be found. It is approximately 25 km to Charles de Gaulle Airpor
Facilities
Renovated in 2006, this hotel comprises a 6-storey building with a total of 81 rooms. The air-conditioned hotel offers access to various facilities including a foyer with a 24-hour reception desk, a currency exchange counter, a hotel safe and lift access. The hotel also features a bar and a restaurant with a non-smoking area. Additionally a garage and car park are available for those arriving by car.
Rooms
The modern rooms are equipped with an en suite bathroom with shower and hairdryer. The rooms also feature a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV, an Internet connection, an ironing set and centrally regulated air conditioning. Rooms offering disabled access may also be booked.
Meals
Breakfast is a available as a buffet in the mornings. Lunch and evening meals can be chosen from a set menu or ordered a la carte.
Payment
American Express, Diners Club, JCB, MasterCard and VISA as well as other main credit cards are accepted as methods of payment.

Alliance Hotel Paris Porte Saint Ouen Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower