Allgäu ART Hotel

Check Kempten im Allgau Hotel Deals

Allgäu ART Hotel Kempten im Allgau Reviews

planxty planxty
Reasonably priced for what it is. May 25, 2017
This was the first of four different place I stayed in and around Kempten in as many days and the full suitcase dragging story is recorded in the main part of the blog. The problem was that it was a long weekend and Kempten was literally overflowing with people and hardly a bed to be had anywhere. I had managed to find a single room online for when I rolled in from nearby Memmingen for one night only as they were fully booked after that. Well, it was a start.

As the name implies the Art hotel styles itself a bit on an artistic theme but not obtrusively so and what I actually found was a very pleasant and well-presented hotel, efficiently run and very comfortable. Yes, there are plenty of art works, especially monchrome photograpy on display and I was particularly taken with the one in my room as I hope the image shows.

I was booked in quicky and courteoulsy and straight up to the room to dump the kit as I was in a bit of a rush. Joy of joys the keycard worked first time as technology and I do not get on and I have the greatest difficulty with them. Not only that but I even managed it first time when I returned a touch hors de combat later after a particularly convivial night with frends.

As well as a brilliantly working door, the room boasts everything you would expect including a flat screen TV which they had managed to place right in front of another lovely monochrome image but that is a small complaint. There is wifi throughout the building, a room safe and just about anything you would want. I particularly liked the frosted glass door to the lovely bathroom which was etched with a map of the local area. Nice touch

I applaud the hotel's attitude to accessibility which they are at pains to stress. There are fully accessible doubles available including one with a fully accessible balcony, no less and even a tactile guidance system built into floor for the visually impaired. They also have a gym and not one but two saunas and a Roman bath!

For what it represents I thought prices were reasonable and I had a very pleasant night there.

No complaints at all and highly recommended.
Allgau Art Hotel.
Plenty of cupboard room.
Who thought to do that?
At least I could see this one
planxty says:
Well worth a stay and easy enough walking distance to the centre.
Posted on: Aug 10, 2017
Ils1976 says:
Have to remember that!
Posted on: Aug 10, 2017
planxty says:
It was lovely. There are a lot of very good hotels in that region.
Posted on: Aug 09, 2017