Allagash Brewing Company

50 Industrial Way Portland, Portland, ME, USA

Allagash Brewing Company Portland Reviews

jamartin39 jamartin…
Beer Adventure Apr 30, 2012
My brother Ralph came up to Maine for a quick visit and we decided to do a beer and baseball adventure. The first stop was Allagash Brewing Company.

I went in with a clean pallet, I never had Allash beer before and I was eager to try it. I have seen thier beer sold in some local stores but just never bought any.

I reserved our tickets online and we showed up about 45 minutes before our tour began so we poked around the retail store and flipped through the books displaying thier different awards and books that containd information about the small beer company.

Just as we were getting ready to head out of our tour our guide began pulling out glasses. Now this is not my first brewery tour but it is the first one where we get to taste test before the tour is over!! Hooray! we sampled four different brews Allagash currently had available. Alaagahs Black, Allagah White, Something I cannot spell or prounounce but I know it was brewed in old Jim Beam Barrels, and one other that was light in color but had an amazing taste.

The tour os the factory is informative, fun, and free. We had a great time with out small little group and our guide was awesome.

The factory itself is not very large but it is a working factory so appropriate footwear is a must, and on that note you will be walking into a cooler or two so dress apropriatly.

Check Portland Hotel Deals