4 Zarechnaya Street, Sviatogorsk, Ukraine

All Russian Saints’ Hermitage Sviatogorsk Reviews

vicIII vicIII
Pay a Visit to the Skit (Monks' Hermitage) Sep 28, 2017
All Russian Saints’ Hermitage is a part of the monastery, and it is closed for public. Since our pilgrimage group was accompanied by a priest from Luhansk, Father Alexander, we were given the green light and were allowed inside. I plucked up my courage and took several pictures of the hermitage from inside, although I was not exactly blessed by the chief monk of the hermitage for that. Knowing that I already have the blessing of my dear patron saint Philip of Luhansk, I decided to go on; hence my pictures are quite unique, as it were.

All Russian Saints’ Church located at the territory of the monks’ hermitage was built after the design of the 16th century Russian architecture. The wooden architecture style is often referred to as Kizhi national architecture. This famous style of the old Russian architecture and looks very attractive and nice, doesn't it?

All Russian Saints’ Church is sixteen meters high. It imitates old Russian churches in all details. A higher and bigger church was built next to it. The new church is twenty-five meters high and, of course, can be seen from afar.

The Worship Cross is a symbol of the Russian Orthodox Church. It stands at the main gate of the hermitage. The entire monks' hermitage has a high paling around it, hence you can hardly see what is inside.

There are several monks in the another hermitage - St.Antonius and St.Theodisius Hermitage, that is even more secluded than the former one. The monks live and pray in fenced areas closed for public.

Since we made our last trip with a priest, we were allowed inside All Saints’ Hermitage where the monks live and pray.
All Russian Saints’ Hermitage
The Orthodox Cross at the All Russ…
All Russian Saints’ Hermitage: t…

Check Sviatogorsk Hotel Deals