All Bar One

175 Bishopsgate, London, United Kingdom

All Bar One London Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Average Food, Lacking Customer Service, Cleanliness an issue Aug 14, 2016
Called in to All Bar One for something to eat whilst waiting for our train back to Liverpool. Have eaten in the Liverpool branch so was expecting something on the same level. How wrong we were.

Given that it was early evening on a Saturday afternoon the place was pretty busy, however, we did manage to get a table. We asked a waitress whether she would mind giving the table a quick wipe down as it was sticky and the remains of someone’s food had been left behind. Her attitude was not exactly forthcoming, and when she did return with cleaning materials she managed to douse my suitcase with whatever cleaning fluid she was using. That aside we ordered cocktails and our food at the bar.

The cocktails were very nice and we were now looking forward to the food. The waiter that brought out our starters was one of the most miserable people I’ve ever come across. The starter was enjoyable and the mains came literally after out plates had been cleared. However, my friend who had ordered the Pad Thai had to wait whilst the waiter stood beside her (her main course in his hand) whilst he had a full blown conversation with another customer – surely he should have excused himself, served the food and then had the conversation – to put it bluntly we found this quite rude and unprofessional. The mains were OK, nothing outstanding. After these plates were cleared one of our party waited for her dessert – nothing came, so around 15 minutes later and conscious of the time we asked where it was, the waitress said she’d look into it, it did eventually arrive.

I have to make comment of the cleanliness of the toilet facilities. Firstly you have to obtain a code for the door from one of the members of staff – if you can get anyone’s attention – far easier just to wait for someone to be coming out. I’m assuming that this deters people just from walking in off the street. However, hygiene standards are absolutely non-existent. There are a few cubicles and although the paintwork on the cubicle doors indicates either male or female – this is obviously not adhered to. The smell of urine is disgusting, the floors wet with god knows what, no toilet roll (thankfully I had a packet of tissues) and obviously not sanitized from one day to the next – considering this is an eating establishment it’s pretty grim – and makes you wonder if the kitchen facilities are tip top on hygiene.

Management really do need to get a grip. Safe to say I will not be revisiting in the near future.
jeminigirl says:
Emila, the cocktails were great, just the service/toilets were terrible =(
Posted on: Nov 15, 2016
EmyG says:
Been here this September :) just for a drink so I cant say much.
Posted on: Nov 15, 2016
Ils1976 says:
can't but agree with May on this one!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2016
Vipin Vipin
Decent enough if you are nearby! Jul 27, 2011
Normally, I'm not a huge fan of chain bars but as I was near Liverpool Street tube station, this was a very convenient spot for a quick drink.

Like all of their branches, once you have been to one, you have been to them all. The bar is quite spacious and there is room upstairs as well as the ground floor. Seating is quite good and comfortable. The range and price of drinks are what you expect from the chain (eg, about a fiver for a glass or wine and many bottles of wine coming in at ten to fifteen pounds).

Although the bar isn't quirky or exceptional, it's still familiar and the set up is something that everyone is used to. Also, if you are near Liverpool Street, this is a very convenient location for a quick drink so for that reason alone, I think it's very useful!

Related Travel Blogs About All Bar One

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Bars with one complete and utter moron and the ugly aftermath.   Allow me to introduce Brian. Brian is not only gibbering ��" I’ve done far too may drugs…

Check London Hotel Deals