Average rate: $42 - Hotel class: 3 stars

Alkisti City Hotel Rates and Deals

Alkisti City Hotel Larnaca Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice stay close to the beach Dec 04, 2011
I was scheduled to arrive quite late to Cyprus for my first stay there so I decided to book a hotel in Larnaca that was only 15 km from the airport. I also decided to choose a hotel in the middle of the city so I would have easy access the coming morning to the city. I did some surfing on booking.com and ended up choosing the Alkisti City Hotel.

When I booked I made sure to state that I would be arriving late as I was off tourist season. Very shortly thereafter I received a lot of communication from the hosts telling me how to find the hotel and where to retrieve the key as the reception was closed at my arrival. The must funny part was that the key would be hidden in a ventilator shaft on the outside wall of the hotel.

I arrived in Larnaca around 9.30 pm and even with the description from the hosts I still had some difficulties finding the hotel but with some help from the locals I made it. Then there was the issue about the key. I found the ventilation shaft but when I opened it there was no key with my name on it.

There were some other keys with names on but not mine. While I was standing there trying to figure out what to do, taking one the others keys, calling the hosts the door suddenly opened and out came a woman. I asked her about the key and it turned out she was the owner and she had borrowed my key to get in to the house. She was very sorry but it all turned out well.

My room was quite far from the room I had in Valetta, Malta, as it was more of a summer holiday place. The colors were bright and colorful and the condition of the room was sparser but everything worked and I found my bed quite nice even though it was quite narrow. I quickly left my room and headed for the restaurant next door to get something to eat before they closed. The city was quite empty and I was the only customer in the restaurant to begin with and there only arrived a couple besides me during my stay.

Next morning I woke up to a magnificent sunshine and taking the curtains away gave me a nice view of the large square and the breakfast restaurants next door. They didn’t serve breakfast at the hotel but they had an arrangement with one of the restaurants on the square. The view from the balconies around the house displayed some nice views and also a nice quiet backyard of the hotel.

The owner were also running a real estate dealer and they were at work there so I could pay for my room. They were really sweet and friendly, giving all kind of advices about the sites of the city. The location of the hotel was great; it was close to one of the major attractions of the city – the picturesque St Lazarus Church and very close to the beach. There are also loads of shops, bars and restaurants close by and it would be quite perfect for a beach vacation. The hotel also had free parking close by.
The bathroom
The single bed

Alkisti City Hotel Overview

This establishment is located near one of the city’s most famous attractions, St. Lazarus Church. The Alkisti City Hotel also enjoys close proximity to numerous other destinations. The city’s main shopping district is located nearby, as are the beaches. Larnaca is home to numerous archeological sites, some of them as early as the 13th century BC. This establishment is located not too far from the Larnaca International Airport. The Alkisti City Hotel operates a bicycle hire service for its guests.

All of the rooms at the Alkisti City Hotel are provided with modern amenities. Within each of the rooms, guests will find that they have their own balcony or terrace. There is also satellite television service, air conditioning and a private bathroom in each unit.

This establishment offers its guests a garden in back where they can relax and unwind. The Alkisti City Hotel also offers its guests a restaurant that serves local fare. There are drinks served at the hotel. The hotel offers Internet access in the common areas.

Alkisti City Hotel Amenities