Alka Restaurant - Steak & Fish House

+385 21 881 856

Alka Restaurant - Steak & Fish House Trogir Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
'Posh' restaurant... Jun 23, 2013
After the whole day spend in fresh air in Krka National Park, we decided to stop at Trogir for dinner before heading towards Split. Center of Trogir is not too big so we decided to quickly pick a restaurant which looked pleasant.

We noticed Alka Restaurant strolling along a small street. The restaurant looked posh with all customers nicely dressed. We were hesitant whether to ask for a table, as we were wearing quite casual clothes, but we did in the end. The waiter did not send us away, but took us to the balcony upstairs away from the main street. It felt as we were out of place and had to be seated in more 'casual' part of the restaurant.

Once seated, we were presented with food menu and asked for the drinks.

Although hungry, I did not want to order a big meal since it was already quite late in the evening and we still had a bit of driving to do to get to Split this evening.

In the end, I decided on black mushroom risotto which was enough to satisfy my hunger.

The dish looked appetising and tasted really good.

After finishing the meal, we asked for the bill. Strangely enough, the waiter decided that he wouldn't give us our change, but keep it as a tip. When we asked for the change, we were made very uncomfortable as we did not have a right to decide how much we should tip. We felt embarrassed for doing nothing wrong.

Although restaurant serves good food, and appears to be quite posh, I would not visit it again since I would always remember that first visit when I was made feel awkward.
Restaurant