Alicante Airport

902 40 47 04

Alicante Airport Elche Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice modern airport Nov 11, 2011
I landed in Alicante airport again; I could not remember how many times I had been there but last time was some years ago and I could see some improvements since I was there last time. The terminal was clearly new and efficient it turned out that the terminal was taken in to use in March 2011.

I quickly passed most of the stages in an airport because I didn’t bring any luggage; I was just on two-day drive from Murcia to Basel with my brother’s car. As I left the arrival area my brothers wife was waiting for me and we quickly went up to the parking at the departure area where her father and my 4-month old nephew were waiting. It was great to meet them all again and the sun was shining and the temperature was 25 degrees.

Alicante Airport, originally named El Altet, is the sixth busiest airport in Spain, and the main airport for the Province of Alicante and the Region of Murcia. The airport is situated 9 km southwest of Alicante and 10 km east of Elche in the municipality of Elche on Mediterranean coast.

In 2010, Alicante Airport handled 9,4 mill passengers and almost 75.000 flight operations making it the busiest airport in the Valencian Community by passenger numbers, and one of the 50 busiest in Europe. The airport is the fourth largest base for low-cost giant Ryanair with 59 destinations served by the airline.

Check Elche Hotel Deals