Algonquin Provincial Park

Algonquin Provincial Park - Views from the trail in the park

Algonquin Provincial Park Ontario Reviews

pfsmalo pfsmalo
"Terrific scenery and views" Mar 30, 2017
Beautiful but for bites and rain.

This park would have been brilliant if it hadn't been for the bugs and mosquitos and rain when we were half way through the day.

I shall forever be in debt to the kind people in the Pharmacy in the Mall at Huntsville, who looked after me when my tongue had swollen from the effects of the bites from the bugs. No wonder they drive the moose crazy.

Although I've spent a lot of time in Africa and Asia, I had seen nothing like the bug and mosquito problem in Algonquin park. I wish I had read all the tips on, then VT, before choosing June to come here. Normally the Centennial ridges trail should take around 4 hours, we managed it in less than 3 !! With the swarms of these little buggers nipping at my ears, eyes and even up my nose we were virtually sprinting round. We did have DEET on but to very little effect. By the time we were back at the car my tongue had swollen along with my eyelids. Not funny at all. Fortunately the nice people at the Pharmacy in Huntsville had seen it all before and gave me some anti-histamine tablets to take. For 3 days I had to wear sunglasses even though it rained most of that time. Never again in June.
Views from the trail in the park

Check Ontario Hotel Deals