Aleyda's Mexican Restaurant

1890 Okeechobee Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL, USA - (561) 688-9033

Aleyda's Mexican Restaurant West Palm Beach Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Marvelous Mexican eats! Oct 18, 2011
Aleydas is one of my favorite restaurants in West Palm Beach. I've been there several times, but it had been a while. So when I decided to organize a meetup with my college friends recently, I chose this spot for us to eat.

On a street like Okeechobee Boulevard, which is crammed with eateries and retailers, Aleydas still manages to stand out. I wish I had taken a picture of the outside so people could get a better sense of what it looks like - kinda like a small Mexican fortress :) If you go to the website and look at the top right hand corner, you can see what it looks like.

The decor is very colorful and Latin. The owner usually has a couple of parrots in a cage that you can view when you walk in, though the birds weren't visible that night (it was kinda late when we got there).

My friends and I snacked on complimentary tortilla chips and salsa (pretty much standard at Mexican restaurants) and chatted as we waited for our food. I ordered the T-Bone steak with black beans, rice and fried plantains, which also came with a small salad. It was the day's special, and it cost about $17.

Boy, was I happy I ordered it! It was by far the best steak I've ever eaten: Juicy and bursting with flavor! And the really cool thing is that they served it on a cutting board, which I thought was a nice touch. The waiter asked me if I wanted any sauce with it. I said, no way! lol It was perfect just as it was. And the rice, beans and plantains were a nice compliment.

I highly recommend visiting Aleydas if you're in this area and want some great Mexican food. And remember to invite me! lol
monky says:
You should ever try the sauce.. Mexican food without that is like missing something!:-)
Posted on: Nov 17, 2011
Jamal1280 says:
Thank you both! I'm telling y'all, that steak was off the hook! :)
Posted on: Oct 20, 2011
Glynnes says:

I like the way Mexican restaurants season and cook their steak. Thanks for sharing your review.
Posted on: Oct 20, 2011