Alexandrie Hostel

Alexandrie Hostel Rates and Deals

Alexandrie Hostel Montreal Reviews

jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Beau Hostel! Nov 17, 2009
This hostel was located a few blocks north of the metro stop, which made it easy to get around. Plus, Montreal is very walkable so that was an added plus. The hostel had a nice full kitchen with plenty of “extra” food. The living room was great and there were plenty of people hanging out. Downstairs was a movie room with lockers, bathrooms, and some couches. The rooms were typical hostel rooms. The doors locked, which was nice. This hostel is in the Latina Quartier which is a nice area. If you go about 2-3 blocks, you come up on some really great restos and bars. Montreal is a lovely city, and very diverse, go explore!
twntrborx7 twntrbor…
Jul 11, 2009
AMAZING staff!!!!!!!! Although I havent been to that many hostels before, even the people that had been traveling for years agreed that this was one of the top spots they had been to. The staff was amazing and the people staying there were equally as amazing! Must have been something in the Montreal water :-p
momiji momiji
Cozy Hostel Apr 24, 2008
I was searching for hostels in Montreal and I found a few nice hostels.

Seemed like there are several popular ones but they looked like not so cozy to me and the room was like over 10 people. I didn't think it was a good idea to stay there...

I decided to book Alxandrie Montreal. I had no idea how far from downtown or how to get there even I had direction. I didn't really reaserch for Montreal. I tried but couldn't find anything helpful.

This hostel is kinda hard to find because it's just the regular building. You have to see address carefuly or you'll miss it!!

The staff in this hostel are Awesome!! They are super nice and helpful. I met 3 or 4 of them. I'm sure there are more. At first, I didn't know who was the staff cuz they look like backpacker as well.

They have free breakfast, WiFi, free internet, free laundy machine, TV in a lobby.

If you want to keep your valueable stuff, they'll keep them for you. I think they have locker downstairs. I didn't use it but it was fine!! None of them steal my stuff. But you should be careful of course.

The common room is pretty big!! They even have chatting area too!!

One of the bathrooms is like the one at someone's house. It's huge. If it's busy, they have some at the basemet too. Luckily, I used only the big one.

I paid less then $25 and it's worth it!!! I highly recommend this hostel.
common room. the other side is als…
entrance
my room. i think it was 8 or 9 fem…
jl_ghs316 says:
Nice review!
Posted on: Nov 17, 2009
callmechia callmech…
Excellent youth hostel in Montreal Apr 01, 2008
We chose this place from a site based on its rating, particularly because Montreal doesn't have an extensive amount of hostels.

We were more than pleasantly surprised!

The Alexandrie-Montreal is a wonderful hostel, not 10 minutes walk from the central bus station AND the Berri-UQAM metro station (which is a major stop on the line). It's located right between the Latin Quarter and the Gay Village, a completely French-speaking neighborhood.

I've stayed in a lot of hostels, and can I just say, Canada does it right!

First of all the staff was wonderful, knew everyone's name and where he or she was from. Hernan and Tim were also really helpful in showing us step-by-step how to get to certain places, and also at recommending local places to eat.

Once we put our stuff down, we got a guided tour of the place. The kitchen was expansive, with 3 refrigerators, a stove, cutlery, pots and pans, dishes, etc. The only stipulation (like most hostels) is that you do your own dishes, which people seemed pretty willing to do.

Free wifi, but there is a single computer upstairs which you can use for free in case you didn't bring your own laptop.

2 big common areas with tv, dvd/vhs/cd players.

Bathrooms had soap and toilet tissue. The hostel was in the process of renovating the downstairs, but the bathrooms were still perfectly acceptable. There were only 2 showers, but I imagine they will update that at some point also.

There is a free continental breakfast, and free laundry! I have never encountered that in a hostel.

If you are looking for a "party" hostel, this place isn't really for you, it's a little quieter and people live in apartments upstairs. Loud music was almost never played, even though it's allowed, and there was no rowdiness while we were there. Just sayin.

THERE ARE NO LOCKERS. You can ask the staff to lock valuables up in the office if you wish. The place has a pretty safe and quiet feel to it, so we left most of our stuff in the room and took our wallets, passports, etc with us when we left.

The rooms were very clean with lots of power outlets. You have to pay for towels but not sheets.

Everyone gets an individual key to the inside and outside doors so there is no lockout time or curfew.

There is also no restriction on bringing in/drinking alcohol in the hostel, so feel free to sip on those 40's all night.

I recommend this hostel HIGHLY to anyone visiting Montreal, and I will stay there again if I get a chance!
jl_ghs316 says:
awesome review! makes mine look pitiful :)
Posted on: Nov 17, 2009
callmechia says:
we just walked there! it's only about 2 blocks away from the station, quite close! if you ask the staff to hold something for you, you'll have to ask them if they charge, i'm not too sure about that!
Posted on: Apr 02, 2008
momiji says:
oh! this is so nice!! i'm going to stay there!!
how did you get to hostel? took a bus??
no lockers huh? that's something i'm afraid of..losing something.. do i have to pay if i ask stuff to watch my stuff??
Posted on: Apr 02, 2008

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • CD Player
  • DVD Player
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower