Alexander's Steakhouse

111 N Los Robles Ave, Pasadena, CA, USA

Alexander's Steakhouse Pasadena Reviews

stevenguyen stevengu…
Best Dining Experience in the Pasadena Area Jan 06, 2016
To call this place a steakhouse is a misnomer, because it is so much more than that. It is the ULTIMATE dining experience.

My wife and I dined at Alexander's in October to celebrate our first year anniversary. Since we made the reservation and told the host that it was a special occasion, we were seated right away. Alexander's is a relatively new establishment since they've expanded over to Southern California, so it still carries that modern and elegant feel. The wait staff really pulled out all the stops to make this night a special night for us.

Since it was our anniversary celebration, they offered us two glasses of champagne on the house! For $175 per person, you can opt for Chef's Tasting, which is what we did. There's also another option to add $75 per person for a wine/champagne pairing, but I'm not that rich... -_-

Everything on this menu hit the mark! The hamachi shots with dashi, avocado, and ponzu start off the course, followed by the dry-aged tataki, kabocha soup, apple & pear palette cleanser, Chawanmushi (Japanese egg custard dish), and braised short rib. By that point, the wife and I were hitting our limit, but then... the Japanese A5 Miyazaki comes with six different salts, and new life hits us! It's just enough to give us room for dessert, which is a chocolate selection called "Textures of Chocolate"... Oh man, I think I died and went to heaven! As a parting gift, well... I'll leave that as a surprise for you to figure out. ;)

Chef Matt really did an amazing job to accommodate my wife and I, and for that, I would recommend Alexander's to anybody.
Vikram says:
Textures of chocolate sounds yummm!!
Posted on: Jan 06, 2016