Alexander'a Pizza

4919-43 Street T0H3A0 Rycroft, Rycroft, Canada

Alexander'a Pizza Rycroft Reviews

planxty planxty
Another tidy Albertan bar. Mar 17, 2017
My friend and I had visited Rycroft specifically for the purpose of seeing what was claimed to be the largest tipi in the world but they had moved it elsewhere so we decided to go to the br instead.

I have mentioned elsewhere that many small Albertan villages and towns have only one bar which often doubles as the only "eating house" as well and in the case of Rycroft it was Alexanders Pizza and Lounge.

It was obviously conforming strictly to type as regards Albertan bars in that it was clean, tidy, large screen TVs, gaming machines (VLTs as they are called here), pool table(s), no draught beer only bottled, friendly service and empty! I fully realise that this may becoming repetitious to regular readers of my reviews but I can only report what I find.

The welcome was genuinely friendly as is the norm here, the beer cold and well-kept, the establishment clean and tidy including the "facilities" and there is really not much more to say about it so this is not going to turn into one of my usual frequent epics.

As I mentioned, this is the only gig in town and none the worse for it. It certainly does not play on it's monopoly position and prices were about what I would espect to pay in this region (about $5a bottle for a standard domestic beer, 2016 prices). If you happen to be passing through, it is as good a place as any to stop for a "leg stretch" or a beer if you are lucky enough not to be driving.

Narurally, as the name impliesthere is a full pizza / pasta style menu offered should you wish to dine.
Alexander's Pizza, Rycroft, Albert…
Rycroft Map