Alexander Spa Motel

Check Taumarunui Hotel Deals

Alexander Spa Motel Taumarunui Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Old motel but very quite inside the room Jan 01, 2017
The motel located at the small town between the junction of Whanganui and Ongarue River and it is a popular activity for trout fishing and canoe trips into the Whanganui National Park, and one hour drive to the famous Waitomo Caves.

We were greeted by the warm, friendly and chatty motel manager who lives in the building. Since it was prepaid, we get the key straight away and no registration necessary. She gives information how to get to our room which was located at the second floor of the building. We asked where we can have dinner since the city centre was shut down for the night or week, since it was high season and a public holiday in New Zealand, and if it is possible for us to do washing, since we are kind of desperate as we were down to our last clothing. She nicely give a free package of the soap and show us the location of the washing machine and dryer, and she said she will let it open for us to use since we arrived at 7pm at night time in the motel. She advise us to have dinner right next door from the hotel and then do our washing.

We unload our belonging to the room before dinner. The room is big with one double bed and 2 single beds, since it was the last room for the night when we booked it. It cos NZ$ 120 per night for two people without breakfast.

The motel building looks really old and the condition of the room cleaning is a bit on the down side.

There is a couple of sofa and dining table inside the room and an additional table to put the stuff, there is also a patio table and chairs right outside our door to seat and enjoy the view ( but not much view from the balcony on the second floor). We did not try the television, but I assume it is working, as NZ has a high standard of inspection of everything.

The bathroom is big but not that clean, likewise with the kitchen, it looks really old and run down. There is free tea and coffee and I boil everything before I used the utensil, and I also clean the bathroom and toilet before use it. The towels was clean and thick.

Interestingly, they give an expensive soap and shampoo like in a big 4 or 5 stars hotel, and plenty of it – enough for 4 people, which I take it as a souvenirs since we did not use all of it.

The mattress was okay, firm enough and it was very quiet at night time, so we have a good night sleep.

If you are staying in this motel, please do not go to the recommendation restaurant next door from this motel, as the food was awful. I could not eat my food after one bite, it was really bad. Other than that, it was an okay stay.
the room with a double bed and two…
the room
bathroom
sink
cotton_foam says:
LOL on the souvenir shampoos!! I do that too, Yunni!!
LOL again on you boiled the utensils first before using! I'll do the same too, esp if the room itself does not look clean!! Excellent review, Yunni!!
Posted on: May 09, 2017