Alex sushi AS

2 Cort Adelers gate, Oslo, Norway
wwwalexsushi.no - 22 43 99 99
Alex sushi AS - Lobster (not ours unfortunately)
Alex sushi AS - Mango, Passion fruit and vanilla ice cream with raspberry coulis
Alex sushi AS - Maki and sashimi
Alex sushi AS - Nigeri sushi
Alex sushi AS - Sashimi
Alex sushi AS - Fruit platter

Alex sushi AS Oslo Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Excellent sushi Jul 21, 2011
Alex Sushi is considered the best sushi restaurant in Oslo. They used to be just a regular restaurant with good sushi, then they became very popular, prices went up an the size of sushi down. It is now the place to see and be seen. During our dinner we saw three well known sports and TV personalities. Some people like this, I´d rather spend my money on great food rather than on who I see.

The restaurant is not very big and the décor could have been nicer. There are several rooms and the biggest one has an oval sushi bar where you can watch two chefs performing art at full speed. Looking at them preparing one fantastic dish after the other, full trays of luxurious lobster or just "simple" maki rolls is amazing. There are a couple of smaller rooms with regular tables too.

I was greeted by a friendly waiter, left my jacket in the wardrobe, which I later realized was next to the kitchen door, and was shown to my seat around the oval sushi bar where my friend was waiting.

You can order all kinds of sushi, but we went for one of the menus, the red menu, so that we could taste a little bit of everything. It didn´t occur to me that they would serve sushi with red meat, which I don´t eat, so I was quite surprised. The waiter was immediately ready to change it for something else, but Henrik came to my rescue and gave me his scallop, my favorite, instead. To complement the sushi we had Japanese beer and sake. To end a great meal we also had dessert, sorbet and fresh fruit. It was all excellent and the service even better.

Alex Sushi is fast, it's noisy, it's crowded and it's great sushi. The food and the professional and attentive waiter definitely deserves a 5*, but I´m not too sure about the atmosphere – the see and be seen factor. And I absolutely dislike leaving a restaurant with all my cloths stinking of fried food. Leaving the restaurant smelly and $170 per person poorer, I´m not sure it was worth the price.

Alex Sushi is open daily 4 pm – 11 pm
Sashimi
Nigeri sushi
Maki and sashimi
Lobster (not ours unfortunately)
Chokk says:
You are right - It is quite steep. I saw that the black menu was even more expensive.
Posted on: Jul 22, 2011
sarahsan says:
The red menu is NOK 495, so actually cheaper here. With dessert, beer, sake and tip it came to $170 pp.
Posted on: Jul 21, 2011
Chokk says:
I have to check this place out in Cph
Posted on: Jul 21, 2011