Alegria's Hostel

Check Bogota Hotel Deals

Alegria's Hostel Bogota Reviews

amj2cu amj2cu
Great location in beautiful home Mar 04, 2011
Alegria’s Hostel in Bogota’s picturesque La Candelaria District is a good looking as the pictures look on its website. The Hostel is actually two separate buildings about 50 meters apart. I arrived around 10pm and checked in at the main building and was lead to my bed int he other separate building. Throughout my three night stay the staff spoke minimal English but were always willing to help and always attempted to accommodate me despite the language barrier.

My room was very nice, wood floors, stucco walls and an in room working rice place and small balcony overlooking the small common courtyard. My room was throughly cleaned ever day, and my bed was made with fresh sheets. There was an ample kitchen with everything need to cook for yourself. The hostel served a common breakfast but I was never around to see what it consisted of. There was a large living area with a nice TV which had satellite TV programming, as well as one computer with internet access as well as free WIFI connectivity.

The location was ideal. The hostel is located in central La Candelaria District and is walking distance from all the major must see sights in Bogota. I even walked to the Gondola for Monserrate from the hostel in under 30 min.

Although I would recommend this hostel to any traveler there were a few things that you should be aware of. First of all the hostel only provides a small locker to lock your small belongings, like a passport, iPod, money etc. There is no in room locker and you are unable to lock up your bag. Second the showers provide very little warm water to bath in. I was trying to shower as fast as possible because of the water temperature.

Also, I enjoyed the cat and large dog that lived at the hostel but travelers with allergies should be advised there are animals present all the time.

Overall the hostel was a good experience. I meet some good people here and would stay here again if I was in Bogota for a short stay.
d2amy d2amy
Great place in a great City Jun 28, 2010
I love Bogota, it was my favorite capitol in South America, but I love Colombia, so maybe I'm not exactly the best person to talk to when it comes to criticizing Colombia.

First of all the location is excellent, it's close to everything, but isn't noisy at all. BUT, you have to walk up one hell of a hill to get there from the super market.

The people who work here are really friendly, and I got a great vibe from everyone, young and old, who stayed there while we did for the week. It can get a little cold though.

Definitely the best part of this hostel is the back area where it goes from Kitchen, to eating area, to luscious back garden with some hammocks and really cool atmosphere. My boyfriend and I spent a lot of time back here, smoking and enjoying the weather.

We picked this place because it was recommended on both hostel world and in lonely planet, and it did not disappoint. Although, be careful about what they charge you per night, it changes on the weekends, but they can be very sneaky about it and will try to get more money out of you.

Check Bogota Hotel Deals