Average rate: $92 - Hotel class: 4 stars

Alden-Houston Rates and Deals

Alden-Houston Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Boutique Hotel Jul 05, 2008
I met the director of marketing at the Wine Festival and we hit it off. She offered me an opportunity to stay at the property at a pretty good discount, so I took her up on the offer. It was a little difficult to find the hotel because of the one way streets, but I did get there and was ready to lie down after my 3 hour drive.

When you drive up, you have to find a parking spot across the street or have one of the valets park your car. I decided I would park myself. Valet Parking is quite expensive so I parked in a lot just down the street. It was safe and there was an attendant there all evening.

When you walk in the property, you pass the restaurant "17." It is very chic. I think the food and the restaurant was the most redeeming part of the entire experience here. The lobby doesn't look like any lobby you have ever seen. Very inviting, low counter and the staff ready to serve. It is very beautiful.

I made it to my room, which was very small, but very nice. The bed looked like it was made for a king. The best part of the entire room was the bathroom. If you check their website you will see better pictures of what it looks like. I like the clean lines and contemporary look.

The beds were very comfortable; the air worked well, but as night drew near, the noise got louder. Right below this side of the hotel was a bar or the banquet area. The party was loud and went into the night. I did report it to the management, but what could they do. Suggestion, have told me or give me my money back?

I did not sleep very well, to say the least. Things started to head south from there. I don't want to say that this property was bad, but it didn't live up to the five stars they raved about.

I don't think I would stay here again, but for the business travel on an expense account, you might find it a pretty good place.
The lobby
The restaurant "17"
the bed

Alden-Houston Overview

The Alden Hotel Houston is in close proximity to various points of interest. Nearby are the Reliant Stadium, Minute Maid Park, George Brown Convention Center, Houston Court House and the Toyota Center. The Hobby Airport is 9 miles away from the hotel.

There are 97 deluxe guest rooms and suites at the Alden Hotel Houston. All units are furnished with cable/satellite televisions, free Internet connections, mini bars, safe-deposit boxes, ergonomic chairs and direct-dial phones. Bathrooms have bathrobes and towels. Suites come with LCD televisions and additional bathroom amenities.

The Alden Hotel Houston is a sophisticated boutique-hotel that provides 3,200 square feet of meeting and function space. This 10-storey property also offers a concierge desk, porter services, area transportation, wedding services, a 24-hour front desk and free wired and wireless Internet access. On-site dining options include the 17 Restaurant and The Sam Bar.

Alden- Amenities

• Ballroom
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Video Conferencing
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes