Alcapulco Pizza

021 223 6867

Alcapulco Pizza Bucharest Reviews

prism_lace prism_la…
Jul 22, 2007
This is a tribute to the pizza restaurant, Alcapulco, which is no longer in existence. If I had a say in that decision, it would still be located on the block in front of my ex-mother-in-law's flat. I wish I could tell you the name of the street, as it escapes me right now, but the Uniri mall is just down the way from it.

The first time I came to Romania, I got sick from the airline food. I did not eat for 3-4 days, because nothing would stay down. When I finally felt an appetite coming back, it was as I was sitting in the outside tables of Alcapulco looking down at my ham and mushroom pizza. With a touch of ketchup (which tastes so different and better than US kind), and my knife and fork in hand, I ate.

Never had I ate such a delicious pizza. And it stayed down. Everytime I would arrive in Bucharest, the family would make trips to Alcapulco 2-3 times a day. It would be our breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Curses to the %^&*@ who shut it down while I was away in the U.S.!! If only the owners would have sent out an APB requesting all fans to come back and show those in charge just how much we loved their pizza, it might have meant something.

R.I.P. Alcapulco Pizza. I loved ya!

Check Bucharest Hotel Deals