Albura Kathisma Cafe and Restaurant

212-517-9031

Albura Kathisma Cafe and Restaurant Istanbul Reviews

travelfan1963 travelfa…
A Friendly Smile in Sultanahmet Jul 11, 2009
If you are visiting Istanbul, it is likely you will be staying in the Sultanahmet district near Akbiyik Caddesi, which is a street filled with hotels and hostels. Food in this area is mainly substandard and tourist driven so it was nice to find a hidden gem. Albura Kathisma serves authentic, tasty Turkish food in a relaxing setting, where you can watch the tourists and street vendors walking along Akbiyik Cad.

I would recommend the guvec, which is chicken or lamb combined with tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers sauteed in a pot.

For dessert, I would suggest either the baklava or banana crepes with chocolate sauce but everything on the menu looked good.

The rough cost for a beer, main course and dessert was in the area of 30 lira, which seemed comparable to other restaurants on the street.

What ultimately impressed me most about this restaurant, however, was the friendly staff. The staff want to be absolutely sure that their guests love Turkey. I visited this restaurant a couple times and on my last night in Istanbul, the staff all came out, we shook hands and then I was offered a glass of Turkish apple tea on the house. There is a local saying that when you share tea in Turkey, you will be friends for forty years. I was very touched by this gesture at Albura.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and the next time I'm in Istanbul, you will find me at Albura.
Albura Kathisma--Early in the morn…
Ayzer says:
“Simply Sumptuous - Highly Recommended”

21 Kas 2011 mozaik-bahce
I was recently in Istanbul for just 3 nights and remembered that I had previously enjoyed an exceptional meal with a couple of Turkish friends at a restaurant along the buzzing “Bar Street” in Sultanahmet a few years before.

So I sought out the restaurant and we were not disappointed. I ordered the Kuzu (lamb) Sultan and my mum had a vegetarian meal, seasonal vegetables presented on a puree of aubergine and cream which she would highly recommend. My lamb was extremely tender, the accompanying vegetables extremely tasty and perfectly cooked. I also indulged in a dessert of figs in sauce with a hint of cloves. It came with ice cream and this was a real delight and a perfect ending to a perfect meal.

I had a glass of Angora red wine which is one of the better wines in Turkey and is also the house wine.

The total cost for one glass of wine, one Schweppes tonic water, two main meals and one dessert came to 78.50TL which is relatively inexpensive.

A tour around the partly excavated remains of a Palace by one of the friendly and welcoming staff which adjoins the interior of the restaurant concluded a delightful evening.

I would highly recommend the Albura Kathisma restaurant and we ate there two out of our three nights we were so impres
Posted on: Mar 20, 2012
Mrpainkiller says:
İ was been istanbul, this restaurant s very comfortable. The music s very nice, and chiliiout. İ will recomended mojito and painkiller. Thaks bartender bulent
Posted on: Mar 19, 2012