Albergue Juvenil Ajmadrid

Check Madrid Hotel Deals

Albergue Juvenil Ajmadrid Reviews

Isabelle_G Isabelle…
Big hostel downtown Madrid Aug 30, 2011
I spent two nights in Madrid and booked this hostel for its location. It was easy to find and nearby you could find some small bars that also served cheap food so that was all good.

Also about 20' walk from Puerta Del Sol and its shopping area.

The hostel was really big, probably too big for me but I had some friends to see in town and knew I wouldn't need to meet anyone in the hostel to hang out with. The dorm was nice though, I liked the black-ish bathroom, it was quite clean as well. Quite noisy at night though...

For some reason I got my bed stolen by one of the roommates on the first night so that was not much fun to deal with but the hostel staff had nothing to do with that and after a short while I got it back :)

It was quite warm in the room - june and about 35°C daytime. So I went to ask at reception where was the aircon in the dorm as promised on their website and the woman told me the temperature wasn't high enough yet for the hostel to be allowed to turn the aircon on... ok... So on the first night after I got my bed back I was barely able to sleep because of the heat... On the second night we finally got the aircon but to me it was more some kind of a big fan... not very effective:( Big let down.

The breakfast was included but I thought it was quite poor... 2 slices of toasted bread, some jam and "fake" orange juice.

For the rest it was ok though, staff was nice and let me use their luggage room for free after checking out, clean place, enough computers, ... Just a really big hostel full with people everywhere day and night:)
Isabelle_G says:
To me the aircon they promised simply was a joke...:)
Posted on: Aug 30, 2011
spocklogic says:
35C is a bit warm for sleeping... Seems the Aircon is just a big fan!
Posted on: Aug 29, 2011