Albergo Trento

Check Verona Hotel Deals

Albergo Trento Verona Reviews

SweetChili SweetChi…
Affordable family business at an excellent location Sep 29, 2009
I stayed at the Albergo Trento from 4-7 September 2009, which was recommended by a friend of mine. The hotel is located in between the gate to the city center (Piazza Bra), which is only a few minutes walking distance, and the central train station, which is at about 15 minutes walking distance. On the outside, the hotel makes a sound and clean impression.

The reception and breakfast areas are quite small but clean, the staff is friendly. I stayed in a single bedroom at the hotel, and honestly I found the room to be very small, perhaps 9 square meters only, without the bathroom. However, the room was clean, there is air conditioning and a television. The only thing I was missing was a safe, or perhaps I did not see it. The furniture was not very modern, but functional. At some point during the night, I found the walls to be a bit thin (I would be happy to express the details, but I guess that would not be suitable for minors ;-) )

The bathroom was clean, but extremely small. There is no extra shower cabin, but a small drain between the toilet and the basin. Unfortunately the drain was a bit clogged, so that the water rapidly accumulated in the bathroom.

Unfortunately, payment of the hotel bill turned out a bit difficult. My friend had made the reservation for different people, and the hotel required that my friend paid the bill for all the guests he had made a reservation for; the hotel did not accept payment from each individual guest. I found this quite impolite, since this caused my friend to have to pay around 2,000 Euros in advance and receive the money back from each individual guest at a later time.

In general, the hotel is excellently located and I would recommend it to tourists and backpackers, who want to do a lot of sightseeing and simply need a place to stay during the night. I found the hotel clean and generally comfortable. Pricing in Verona tends to be rather on the upper scale, and I found 50 Euro per night a good rate for the location offered.

Although the price does include breakfast, I had not used this service.

I would not recomment this hotel for business travel, or guests seeking a wide variety of amenities, comfort, or luxury during their stay.
SweetChili says:
'unbending' is softly expressed, but my friend seemed quite relaxed with it. You're right about them being hard nosed sometimes, but I find them also very warm and friendly once you get to know them. I think it's a typical phenomenon in cities which are over-crowded with tourists during summer.
Posted on: Oct 02, 2009
sylviandavid says:
I'm sorry but that was quite unbending of the motel to not break the bills out to individuals... we would be upset with a 2000 euro bill...with the conversion it would be a small fortune!!! Italy has charm but we found the hard nosed people there too.... Sylvia
Posted on: Oct 02, 2009