Alaturca

Alaturca - Lobby
Alaturca - Foyer
Alaturca - Downstairs lounge
Alaturca - Dining area
Alaturca - The fish was somewhat dry.
Alaturca - Alaturca - Night view

Alaturca Goreme Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Nice decor, average food Feb 19, 2011
We had dinner at this restaurant on our first evening in Goreme after touring the Open Air Museum. It is located in the center of Goreme and offers traditional Anatolian cuisine. The restaurant is very inviting when you walk in. We had a look at the menu and it seemed to have a good variety with modest prices perhaps a bit high, but not too much so. There is a sitting area on the first floor with some ambiance that you can enjoy a drink or snack before dinner. We came in out of the rain and were content to just sit for a while. The atmosphere was relaxed and there was no pressure to order anything. This was pleasant. Eventually we ordered some tea that was quite delicious.

When we were ready to eat, we adjourned to the upstairs dining area. While not as meticulously decorated as the downstairs, it was open and spacious with well arranged tables and a central bar area. It did not seem particularly busy, but it was the winter season too. Our waiter was friendly and attentive and endeavored to be helpful with suggestions. He had to consult with other members of the staff a couple times regarding our questions on the menu, but I think he was new to the staff and wanted to be sure he was giving us the right answers. We were in no hurry so this was fine.

I will have to say that the food did not really live up to what the menu promised. There was nothing particularly wrong with the combinations of food in the dishes or the presentation, but in the preparation I think. I had some fish, which I thought was rather dry. The seasoning on the accompanying items seemed a bit uninspired too. My friends seemed to enjoy their dishes more than I, but there was nothing to rave about either. My assessment would be that you can expect something very average here, at a price that doesn’t quite match the quality of the food. This restaurant is recommended in several tour books, but I found it a bit disappointing.
Entrance