Alaska Camp & Hotel

Alaska Camp & Hotel Rates and Deals

Alaska Camp & Hotel Dahab Reviews

ClaireV1987 ClaireV1…
Fantastic value, central location Apr 05, 2012
Alaska Camps slogan is "come as a guest, leave as a friend" and no matter how horribly cheesy this may be, it is certainly true!

I traveled to Dahab alone (and I'm female) and I felt totally comfortable from the minute I was met at the airport until I caught my flight home. The room I booked was a double room with fan (no a/c) and balcony. I was given a discount as there would only be myself staying there.

Pros: Very affordable (I paid less than 80GPB for six nights plus a half day on arrival), centrally located in the middle of the main strip of Dahab although not noisy, friendly relaxed service, very safe with someone around all day and night.

Cons: Simple room (you get what you pay for) with no TV and 'wet' style bathroom although as you're only there to sleep it doesn't really matter

Hint: I stayed in April and although it was hot during the day, the rooms stayed lovely and cool and I needed my blanket at night so don't bother with an a/c room.

I heard some horror stories about hotels in Dahab but I would stay here again happily. Also, the town of Dahab desalinates its water (sea water with the salt removed) so occasionally the water coming out of the taps may be slightly coloured. Just let the water run for a moment, its nothing to do with that particular tap!

Stay here if you want to really feel relaxed and like you are staying with friends!!!
spocklogic says:
Knock Knock.
Who's There?
Alaska.
Alaska who?
Alaska's not there, Egypt you!

Ha Ha (silly, eh?) - just teasing...
Posted on: Apr 06, 2012
ClaireV1987 says:
Thanks Jim, glad you liked it! :)
I thought the same thing Dahling when I first heard about the place...not a lot of snow at this one though!!! :)
Posted on: Apr 05, 2012
rsvpme says:
Great report......nice write style.
Posted on: Apr 05, 2012
ClaireV1987 ClaireV1…
Mar 28, 2012
Affordable, budget accommodation located in the middle of Dahabs main tourist strip. If you are simply looking for somewhere clean and safe to sleep at night (no TV) then this is for you! Service is great too!
Stigen Stigen
The cheapest central Dahab hotel ! Jan 23, 2011
This a very nice venue to stay in, and the service was quite good. After looking around for a place to stay in Dahab online I have no doubt that this is one of the best options. It is centrally located on the main promenade, the rooms are very clean and comfortable and the prices suit a budget traveler.

We had a room on the secons floor with a great view of the Red sea. The room was really of hotel standard , unlike a lot of other places I have stayed in in Dahab...

There is a nice little pillowed area in the yard where you can sit around reading a book , or using the reliable wi-fi connection for free.

You can use the fridge to store all your beer , and enjoy it on your nice veranda or in the yard.

By staying here you also get some really discounted breakfasts from some of the surrounding restaurants.

You can also book excursions for diving or dessert trekking through the reception , making life just a little bit easier.

All in all I would very much reccomend this place !
hmmm , breakfast !
The nice rooms with veranda
The common area
On the roof
Stigen says:
Good to know it made a difference :)
There are so many places to stay in dahab , and it is actually quite difficult , because either they are expensive , or they are cheap and crappy. this one is cheap and good , perfect combination.
Posted on: Jan 25, 2012
ClaireV1987 says:
Great review! I've just booked my flights to Dahab and my dive company recommended staying here...I definatly will now! :)
Posted on: Jan 24, 2012
yurifrene yurifrene
Perfection in paradise Sep 19, 2010
It's just great, staff friendly and helpful, and the location just in front of the boardwalk in Dahab
connectglobally connectg…
Oct 01, 2009
wwww.dahabescape.com

Bring your own toilet paper, towels, soap, and shampoo, for nothing is included in your 9 $USD per night room (shared with 1 other person).

Check Alaska Camp & Hotel Rates and Deals