Aladdin Deli and Market

(760) 328-1159

Aladdin Deli and Market Cathedral City Reviews

cneoridium cneoridi…
Middle Eastern food in the California desert Oct 01, 2009
This is a little middle eastern grocery market with a kitchen an deli window - usually a good sign. The market is tiny, but has every kind of middle eastern and southern european food, cooking utensils, water pipes... whatever you you could need. It's in Cathedral City, a little community at the west end of the Coachella Valley, near Palm Springs.

More importantly, they serve food! So many good things. I had a vegetarian plate with falafel, hummus, a mix of lots of pickled things (cucumbers, beets, peppers cauliflower - the guy gives you one each from a bunch of jars...), salad, and flatbread "a few pieces to start, have as much as you need, I have plenty" he says. Served with tahina and a really hot pepper sauce. My coworker had some shwarma, a gigantic pile of beef marinated in yogurt and lemon juice, grilled and served on a big pita - again with salad and pickles - she insisted that I enter the location in the GPS in case we pass by again - that's how good it was I guess : ) Everything's cooked fresh and you can tell with some care.

The place itself is small, just a room in the back of a strip mall with shelves of groceries, a few tables, and a kitchen and food window. Travel posters of beaches in Israel and Greece, and more shelves of specialty candies and things like that. They guy was cooking and shopkeeping while his little daughter did her homework at one of the tables, jumping up to bring out food when it was ready.
misskatz82 says:
Finally tried out this place with my friend. I tried the kafta kabob...overall the food and service was great. The young lady really catered to us. Would come back here again...still curious in trying that yogurt soda they had.
Posted on: Jun 13, 2010