Al Moro

Via de Falegnami, Bologna, Italy

Al Moro Bologna Reviews

ingridtrekki ingridtr…
Al Moro: ok dishes, but ... I found better ones Feb 26, 2017
I ate here on my first evening during my trip to Bologna in Sept. 2014. The dishes were ok, but now, after my second and third lunch in town, after knowing the price levels better and also after having looked at their prices on the website, I have a slightly flat feeling about the place: either they are slightly confused or .... they charge more sometimes (in other words: charge more to foreigners). I don’t know..... The prices I paid were the prices on their menu board outside the restaurant, but these are higher than on the website. Decide yourself.

I was really hungry and have decided that I will have somehow full Italian dinner with starter and main dish, leaving out the “primo piatto”. Since I already realised that several very delicious sounding vegetable starters are on many restaurants’ menus, I chose the “Parmigiana melanzane” as starter. This is eggplant with parmiggiano cheese. It was indeed very delicious. Since they had “Scaloppini vitello al limon”, thin sliced veal with lemon sauce, and since I love lemons, I opted for this as my main course. It was also very good, the sauce light and not at all heavy. But the restaurant was very busy and it was difficult to get the attention of the waiter to ask for a digestive to finish my meal with, I ended up simply wanting the bill. Sad though because they had my all-time favourite Mirto on the menu.

So what did I pay and why am I so vague with my judgement if to recommend Al Moro or not? The starter cost 10 Euro (on the website with date August 18, 2014 it is listed with 8,50 Euro). For my main dish I paid 12 Euro (on the website it is not listed, but similar scaloppini are listed with 8,50 Euro, chicken breast slices with lemon sauce only for 8 Euro). Caffè did cost me 4 Euro (on the website listed with 2 Euro). A bottle of natural water (0,75 l) did cost 3 Euro and coperto was 3 Euro. For water (also 0,75 l bottle) and coperto in the other restaurants I paid 1 Euro less.

As I said: the prices I paid are clearly written on the board outside the restaurant. But they leave me confused with why they are more expensive than on their website, with a date 1 month earlier than I was there.

Al Moro is located in Via de Falegnami, near Via Galliera.

Check Bologna Hotel Deals